AMD CPU A3+ vs FM2

Im building my first a computer and wondering what CPU/APU to go with.  I was thinking of either:

AMD FX-4300 Vishera 3.8GHz (4.0GHz)

or

AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo)

I know the Trinity has the GPU integrated but they seam to be very close in performance.  Is there a difference or advantage in either the A3+ or FM2 sockets?  I will use a dedicated video card so I dont need the GPU in the A10 but it looks just a bit better maybe?... And are these good CPUs to be looking at?  I dont have a lot of money to spend on this computer.  Im a college student who will be using this for design, photo editing (maybe a bit of video editing) running the adobe suite and I would like to be able to play some newer games if and when i get a break.

Any feedback is helpful.

Thanks

Nick

Am3 Will for shure be supported for a long time Fm1 was killed in one year for Fm2 And I think they will do the same again.

with all that aside if the numbers are better over one as a cpu and you dont need the APU portion just a cpu then it all comes down to that

I agree, going AM3+ will most likely stay current longer.

if you're going a good discrete GPU no need to get an APU as they won't crosfire ('least i don't think)

The APU crossfires at the most with a 6670 so yeahhhhhh not worth it get a real cpu and then a better than 6670 gpu and you should be good

When you crossfire with an APU it only will crossfire with low end 6xxx cards, sorry I don't remeber which ones.  This is despite the title of 76xx or something of a name on the trinty line of APUs.