AMD Computex Livestream

Yer gamers nexus mentioned the new boards need active cooling and also there pushing 12W. That not record heat and sure a fan be may need to deal with it.

It’s all so little details and lots of nothing burgers. Well to me. I want to know about the IO chip and the CCX’s etc etc.

Wendell has covered more cache = clock speed before. And these new chips have a fistfull of cache. But is that going to work how we expect ?

I’m all about them laptop cpus

June 10th also?

Well, I guess I’m gonna start saving up now. My 7700k is looking a bit dated.

You having issues with getting the frame rate or bottle necking your gpu?

Disagree with his comments on pcie4.0 sure on GPUs its w/e but for things off the chipset / SSDs this is big as m.2 is locked to 4 lanes per its design so making that 8x worth of 3.0 is big.

Curious if true.
Would be nice to see more boards to review and choose from. :slight_smile:

No but I assume I will once I implement the updates and what not to lock out security issues like zombieload and meltdown and whatnot.

From my understanding, I will basically need to disable hyperthreading. Which makes having an i7 kind of pointless.

I wouldnt worry to be honest its more of an issue on cloud shit. Yes it still could be an issue on your desktop but chances are low since you control what runs and youre more susceptible to just getting some other malware /etc then that specific attack.

I was hoping they would have announced or confirm if they would be releasing a Ryzen 16 core. The rumored 16 core is the only one I am interested in. I am wondering if anyone else disappointed they didn’t announce a 16 core Ryzen? The way they announced the Ryzen lineup people are going to assume there won’t be a 16 core Ryzen processor.

100% will be one, just no reason to blow load when they dont need to. Maybe drop it with TR refresh or between then and now.

Lol. I was watching the r/amd live thread of the live stream and before the 12 core was announced people were pissed it wasnt going to be a thing. More so then the no 16 core. But of course the 12 core was announced and a few people were mad the 16 core wasn’t

If you actually need 16 core you probably need more pcie lanes, 12 is a ton of cores and pretty much confirms 18 core will happen since dual chaplets

I wouldn’t be so sure. It has been almost twenty years since AMD has provided a decent graphics card, they could decide to disappoint on the processors this time around.

Literally adding the 12 core = they can 100% do a 16 core. Why would you drop it all at once? You already smacked intel 8 core and want something to drop close to intels next drop for mainstream.

1 Like

12 cores are even more then the general public would even need on a mainstream platform.
So if they don’t bring a 16 core cpu to am4, i could totally understand that.

I’m just guessing that the a 16C / 32T will be the entry level TR cpu.
And that would make perfectly sense.

There is just no need to drop it right now they didnt really even need to drop 12 core other then to secure a solid lead on intel.

Also that yeah.

1 Like

I can see your point, and since I won’t have the money to spend on a build until sometime after October it really doesn’t matter. I was just disappointed last night when Lisa didn’t mention a Ryzen 16 core.

If they drop one it will be $600+ I would put money on that, probably more like $700 (yeah you can get TR 16 cores around that price but you get more lanes and bigger silicon)

Buildzoid also comments that there might be high demand for 8 core ciplets that make more sense going into EPYC so higher margins. I wouldnt doubt that with intel having problems with supply and epyc release soo soon as well.

1 Like