AMD Announces Ryzen AGESA 1.0.0.6 Update: Enables Memory Clocks Up To DDR4-4000

AGESA 1.0.0.6 from AMD

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11447/amd-announces-ryzen-agesa-1006-update?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"The last addition should excite those interested in virtualization. AMD has announced "fresh support" for PCI Express Access Control Services (ACS), which enables the ability to manually assign PCIe graphics cards within IOMMU groups. This should be a breath of fresh air to those who have previously tried to dedicate a GPU to a virtual machine on a Ryzen system, since it has thus far been fraught with difficulties."

12 Likes

To me the best feature about this microcode update is that ACS will be enabled, allowing the PCIE 3.0 slots to be split into separate IOMMU groups. It seems ryzen will become a great platform for GPU passthrough :slight_smile:

cc @wendell

5 Likes

I saw that tidbit and I immediately thought, "This will make Wendell happy."

4 Likes

Sounds like a whole 'nuther slew of benchmarks graphs from Hardware Unboxed and Gamers Nexus.

"Ryzen loses by 3 FPS at low settings 480p to a 5Ghz 7700K It sucks buy an i5 7500 instead!" -GN

Sort of /s?

2 Likes

Why /s when it's true?

2 Likes

This looks promissing.

This is probably never gonna happen, but being able to take a single card dual GPU and split that would be neat. I think the PLX chip on the card probably wouldn't let you do that, but I wouldn't know.

Still, this is major progress for RyZen. :smiley:

?

Uhhh, pretty sure that's an opinion that was stated in a facetious manner.

i cant wait anymore :smile: i need AGESA update, i check everyday msi.com for efi update :blush:

1 Like

Was initially going to wait for a non-beta BIOS, but I installed the latest for my Asus Prime X370 Pro motherboard and now finally it was as simple as picking the XMP profile for my previously problematic four 16GB sticks of dual ranked 2666 memories. And the timings are to spec so nothing strange there either. knock on wood

Edit: Raising the SOC voltage to 1.1 V seems necessary, a pretty common tweak for any overclocking situation but might be needed here without CPU overclocking as well.

1 Like

Just so you know how robust their foundation is.. its only needed 6 revisions since 2006 LOL