AMD 8350 Power question

Hey guys, So my AMD 8350 and Enermax ETS-T40 finally arrived I am excited to install it. But I need to know if my power supply will be alright. I have a Rosewill Green Series 530w power supply. I'm sure the wattage is fine, I'm just worried about the green series part of the power supply. it is 80+ bronze which is okay. I'm upgrading to a Corsair RM750+ next week so that's exciting. Thanks again!

Should basicly be fine.

You should be fine with the 750 watt power supply but I would not have risked that cpu with a 530 watter. No I have no experience with the 8350 cpu. I consider it a high watt cpu.

In the old days you had to make a list of components from CPU, hard drive.... including the recommendation for the graphics card. Now you may be able to pick parts and get a wattage estimate for your build in pcpartpicker.com

This also assumes you aren't overclocking.

Good luck

a 530w PSU will power most systems that aren't SLI... it's not recommended for high-wattage systems as that will make the fan spin up more often and generally the fan is quite loud... but it's certainly fine for a week... though if it were just a week I were waiting I believe I'd wait the week before the rebuild?

Not because of PSU issues... because of laziness issues... since both components basically require a full rebuild/cable management?

Depends on your GPU, I would say. If it is something like the R9 380, I would think you would be fine, at least until you replace your PSU.

you made me stand up and look in my rig
I have been running a 600 watt aint certified for shit PSU i got for $20 on ebay for 2 years ago on my 8350 with a sapphire 9xx something so you sould be good. (details obscured by single malt and chillain wine, but you get my point ... Your good. any way got to remote in and monster the hijacking of this bot-net have a good one.

I'm using an AMD R9 270X . Which is why I figured I'm fine.

in that case... you didn't even need to replace the PSU :P

Yeah well I'm getting a new case (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe) from my old case (Rosewill Challenger) and I plan on making a nice GPU upgrade in a few months. So I wanted a nice modular power supply that will give me good clean power. So the PSU upgrade seemed good in my opinion.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-110b10750vr

get that one off amazon while it lasts if you need 750w andf want to save a bit

THe RM750 would be a bit overkill tbh.
EVGA Supernova 650W G2 would be more then fine.
Unless you ever concider a crossfire or sli setup, but with a FX8350 that wont make that much sense in most cases.

Hello MisteryAngel

I built my system in January of this year 2015 and have a couple questions
Lets start with the Specs:
MOB: Asus Sabertooth990fx R2.0
CPU: FX6300 OC:4.6Ghz
Cooler: Enermax Liqutec 240MM Water cooler
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4=8GB 1866mz
GPU: At first had no $ so used my old Gigabyte HD5750 silent cell :( SAD I KNOW
but I Just upgraded to Asus R9 280X directCUII TOP 3GB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
All in my Corsair 500R case as seen in gravitar

Question 1: after upgrading my GPU to the R9 280X my system is using allot more RAM. I have 8GB's installed as listed above and I figured that would be enough for gaming. however I play BF4 for at least 4 hours a day probably more.
after a couple hours or rounds of BF4 online my pc will give me a warning message saying im running low on RAM ! when I open task manager it shows exactly that ! pc is using all 8GB of my RAM and BF4 is using it all. I now i can run the game in 32bit mode to prevent it from using more than 3GB of RAM but I have 8GB and a 64bit OS so don't really want to go that route. ill also mention that I have my paging file size reduced to 2048MB / 2GB on my SSD to reduce wear on the drive. so this is my first question. should I worry about having a paging file on my SSD as far as longevity and reliability go? will it kill my SSD I know I can set the paging file to system managed and I will no longer get the low memory warning.

Second Question: is it worth it for me to upgrade my CPU and RAM?
I paid $160 for my FX6300 when I bought it last december and right now I can buy an FX8350 for $160
Same with RAM paid $160 for 8GB kit dominator platinum now I can get the same kit in 16GB for same price
when I play BF4 my CPU runs pretty much at full load on all 6 cores. I know this is dumb question but is it Bottlenecking the GPU?

A post was merged into an existing topic: FX 6300 Question