AMD 390X unboxing what the hell

It isn't Fiji. It is a rebranded 290X. Just like the rumors said.

This guy clearly knows nothing about tech and was just going of what he thought. I mean he was looking for the Crossfire fingers...

It adds up. 390X=290X + Tweaks and 8GB of VRAM standard. This guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

Ya, spit out the wrong specs didn't he.

i sent email to those ebay sellers about uploading picture with specs.

(btw there will be models of fiji xt with 8gb but they will be more expensive)

hes just hyped up,should have done the benchmarks first the upload the vid

All we have to do is play the waiting game and hope Fury X drops in Price in about a half a year or so.

He didn't show the specs because he got distracted looking for the non existent Crossfire fingers. That is why he didn't show the specs. He just said 4096 because he doesn't know tech. Just a mistake.

It is a rebranded 290X with more VRAM. Just as expected.

2 Likes

Crossfire fingers. Lol

1 Like

oh you know i got my hopes up, (even though facts were wrong) ~ but they'd put ad in the middle with hbm memory if that was so... waiting for 390x bios :| will attempt to flash.

290x is ok for me i still game at 1080p

The funny thing is that is where the 290X does the worst.

The 290X is a 1440p+ card. Fully suitable for most games at 4K actually.

It sucks at 240p. Have you seen the benches? It gets like .2 fps.

this is also interesting

first line ~

mantle api ~ are those consoles really using mantle? or ...
(thought xb1=dx12(as win10 release), ps4=opengl vulcan)

windows 10 allows for that? or did amd just made something while we were not looking.

1 Like

I thought mantle was only for pc

referencing HSA? The xbone and ps4 do use apu's

no i don't think so... i thinks something xfx would do for marketing... still box is fairly poor ... they used to have more stuff packed on them...

I agree, my r7 260x box had loads of things on it. It was a very "busy" box. It's full of manuals and standoffs somewhere in my closet now.

it's not like not packing the box with stuff can't happen. when i bought my sapphire R9-290 it came with 4 things. the card, the booklets/drivers, the never settle bundle, and a molex connector.

ah yes, the molex connector that nobody ever uses. Why can't we save a nickel and just not get it haha

1 Like

that molex connector is still in its little baggy. forever to catch dust, never to be opened. lol

2 Likes

I opened mine and plugged them into my PSU. Just so they wouldn't be lonely.