AMD 32 Core vs. Intel 28 Core

It worked, incredibly well.

With phase-change cooling and we donā€™t know how many chips they threw away just to make that demo.

Right, but it was perfect for Fuck AMDā€¦ it worked to perfection.

Well, we live in a different age of social media where the Streisand effect backfires. Remember when the ā€œGlued togetherā€ propaganda was made?

I think people can be equally excited about AMD and Intel

1 Like

Wow, they were fucking savage

8 Likes

AMD Smash Intel!

hulksmash

5 Likes

The way I see it? If you have AMD already, stick to AMD. Invest in a platform and keep it till something significantly better comes along.

To hear that all cores were 5GHZ, but to run it on a motherfucker of a rad to even do that sounds like too much of a pain in the ass.

2 Likes

I use Intel myself by personal preference.
Though truth be told, Intel came completely unprepared for the above.

1 Like

Loki: I have a binned unlocked 28-core Xeon thatā€™s cooled by an air conditioner that the general public will probably never see.

Tony: We have an air cooled Threadripper 2.

5 Likes

Intel, unprepared and more than likely sitting far too comfortably upon past laurels. That is all that can be stated in this particular case.
And the bright sideā€¦ Being caught unprepared should suffice enough as motivation to produce something newer versus an already produced chip from their current stock being marketed as new.

As I stated before, I have a personal preference for Intel over AMD. Yet the fact of the matter is, AMD has something better on the market at the time of this comment. And since I refuse to be a slave to ā€œfanaticism (read fan-boy),ā€ AMD rules the roost this day.

That cooler thoā€¦ thiccā€¦

3 Likes

Kyle needs to make a second version of this video.

Iā€™d like to see it Yu-Gi-Oh Style.

Intel: I Summon my 5Ghz 28-Core CPU Monster to attack your lifepoints directly

AMD: Not so Fast, I activate my Gamers Nexus Bullshit detector Trap Card

AMD: Iā€™ll announce TR2 to release in Q3 without talking about the realistic clock rates so you donā€™t steal my thunder.

2 Likes

TBH I would put that in my systemā€¦

amd vs intel?!

1 Like

I was just about to ask if people seriously thought that it was true. Itā€™s Intel. Should be enough to know that itā€™s obviously bullshit.

The Waifu of your Intel lacks the proper Intel.

ai_2

So the real determining factor is: what kind of performance are we going to see from thread ripper 2g?

I know they stated ā€œsimilar to ryzen second Genā€ but is there going to be hardware that can cool 32 cores running at 4.2ghz?

Iā€™m starting to think we are running into thermal boundaries with these chips. A couple years ago if your system pulled 200w for the CPU, that was a serious overclock pushing the limits of a binned chip. Nowadays, 650w is seen on most high core count chips. Itā€™s insane!

5 Likes

I think weā€™re doing the best we can until we can get more exotic semi-conductor materials. If we can get some graphene CPUs, a Raspberry Pi Could do realtime raytracing.

3 Likes

cooling should be easy as all 4 dies will be used on the 32 model (8 cores * 4 dies = 32 cores). this will just spread the heat out over a greater area.

Kind of. Have to remember stuff like threadripper 2 is the newest of the technology and has not yet had a chance to be refined into something that would be considered mainstream.

The technology has also been increasing the amount of heat we can just dump out of a CPU. Not only in the cooling technology but the ability to just dump voltage and just crank out the clocks

1 Like