AMD 32 Core vs. Intel 28 Core

“Damn hippies and their glued cores.”

2 Likes

Infinity Glue™

3 Likes

Just like how Thanos ‘glued’ the infinity stones to his gauntlet before he giga-smashed the universe.

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Infinity Glue

If Intel do do a massive price drop to make it competitive what message would that send to their existing customers do you think?

The ‘poor’ people who may have purchased that 28 core xeon at full price not that long ago…

“Hey, we were charging you quite a few thousands more, cause reasons :smiley: … and stuff”

LOL What a mic-drop. xD

3 Likes

Not even sure intel CAN do a massive price drop. Well, i mean they could cut out their margin on the 28 core (which at a guess would be $4-5k off a $10-13k CPU), but i still don’t think they can get down to AMD pricing (even retail) without selling them at a loss.

1 Like

And if they drop these things to AMD prices or even somewhere close the lashing from business customers would be massive.

Can you elaborate why that would be?

Do business customers contracts that specify fixed prices for hardware ? Or just in general because they realised they overpayed?

They tend to order first and the most. So intel charging them $10000 for a cpu and turning around and selling it to the consumers for $5000. It looks bad and is a quick way to make enemies

Not only that, but DELL, Cisco, etc. have already bought X number of CPUs at Y price and haven’t sold them yet.

if intel was to drop their pants by say 50-80 percent, a competitor would snap them up perhaps.

Intel has set the bar…Promises were made. Outh’s in the ancient language.

To come out and say well $10k 28 core CPUs were stupid…AMD does 32 cores ones at $6666k.

Consumer market AMD does 32 core CPU’s for $3666. Is kind of embarrassing.

How about we do a consumer 22 core at 5GHz no LOLz …4Ghz and the 22 core chips you pay x3 for …wELL fuck AMD…wE HAVE 10nm to bitch slap your 7nm and planned 7nm+.

Cry me a river. Intel has market share on servers and massive production to feed that server beast. AMD are better hardware and software exploit wise but cant do Intel Volumes. Because FAB’s

Intel are fucked but in control because they can do the volume only. There tech is dead…Dead in the water.

Companies will wait till next year for the intel 10nm Miracle.

It is not coming and AMD will continue to steam roll them without capacity to fulfil server demand.

AMD can only grow so fast fab wise. Every cloud idiot wants cloud servers and AMD is the only choice. Unless you want CPU flaws and 10nm issues.

2c
P.S Im drunk and promise not to edit this cause people whine.

2 Likes

Drunk marten …mice drop !.

More like you swallowed the mic.

I see people speak of this as it will have major implications for the Xeon market. It won’t.

Intel has omnipath, optane, ECC, 1,5TB RAM support.
Any discussion about this with the partners would be over before it began.

1 Like

I know know matter what AMD cant do intel production output.

Networking, AMD does no do that.

3D-Xpoint (optane) took a long path of failures and delays and to this day, their density sucks (compared to 3D-VNAND), or they overprovision to the moon because it is not reliable.

ECC and 1.5TB RAM are not new.

I think you misunderstood my point.
My argument is that the 28 core consumer part won’t make a big outcry from the datacenter market.
Even if it sells for $3000

You mentioned server features, so I assumed this is about server parts.

Intel is/was good at segmenting their markets. It will be fine in that regard.
The question at hand is if they win benchmarks for “performance per dollar” or “performance king”.

They lost that the minute Ryzen was released.

So… what is even the problem then?