AM5/7950x build looking for board advice

Looking to build a replacement for my 1st gen TR 1950x build.
I’m running into some confusion over X670E boards, namely the PCIe lane splits.
Bought a Aorus Extreme, but because of the way they setup the PCIe, if you use 3+ m.2 slots it pulls the bandwidth from the primary PCIe slot, slowing your GPU.

Looking at the 3 following boards to swap:
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI
Asus ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO
MSI MPG X670E CARBON WIFI

Here’s what I’m looking for 3-4 M.2 4.0 ssds, along with my current 3080 and possibly a swap to a 7900xtx once reviews come in. I’m also hoping to get 4x16, 2x32 but I see that memory is still a bit squirrely.

I grabbed the Aorus Extreme on an impulse while picking up a 7950x from Microcenter this Sunday so nothing is built yet. I think it was the only one in stock that had native 10gig eth, I could always just move my 10gig add-in card from my Zenith Extreme over to one of the other 3.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have the MSI ACE x670E it also has 10G Ethernet and has 8x8x4 bifurcation of the pci-e lanes. x4 is by chipset and the 8x8 is cpu direct.

but if you already have a 10g pci card and dont need the slot for anything else id go with the carbon. and has foe USB 4.

if you have a pro need for USB 4 Type-C 40 Gbps ASUS would be better as they have official licence from intel.

1 Like

How much memory are you running in your build? I’ve been following several builds trying to do 4 dimms, but it seems to be tricky.