AM2R petition. I need assistance with this

Hello everybody! I know this is an odd thing to ask for, but the new Metroid: Samus Returns was recently released. And with a positive reception from critics and fans alike. I have got advance permission from the mods to post a change.org petition in the r/consoles sub.

I want to have it say to Nintendo needs AM2R to see the light of day, and not just the glow of a CRT monitor running on Linux :exploding_head: AM2R needs to receive the Nintendo game store treatment.. I am not even sure if Dr Just like how Star Fox 2 has earned its wings on the SNES Mini. It will send a message to those developers to take their game designs and push it to the limit. Walk along the razor’s edge. But don’t look down just keep your head, or you’ll be finished.

If there is anyone here that has previous experience with posting petitions/networking with them. Or can do some great artwork, it would be greatly appreciated. This is essentially a copy-pasta message I sent to the mod, to avoid confusion if someone decides to work on it.

My message to the mods at r/consoles

Hello /r/consoles mods. I want to say in advance that I have yet to create the change.org petition, due to the uncertainty of where it will be posted on reddit (hopefully) on a sub that has an effective reach. This is a project that is very important to me. And I hope the Nintendo community as well. I spoke with a mod from r/nintendo and /r/gaming this morning, and those subs do not allow for the posting of petitions. If this sub does not allow for them as well, I was hoping one of you could point me in the right direction.
r/petitions is honestly a place with 355 people subscribed to it. There would be no visibility for this petition. If you are willing to consider allowing me to post it in /r/consoles, or possibly have a regular on this sub (maybe a moderator) post it, I would be happy to invest the amount of quality time that is necessary to make it a successful quality post. And read my full request below if this sub allows for it. Thank you.
Now I understand this would be TREADING VERY CLOSE with the rules of not being your property, and also performing self-promotion

I am not a stakeholder with this game in any way. Financial or otherwise. Just a fan of the game who wants it to receive the console treatment. As well as it to be recognized as a fan project. It would show an example to others who are considering going into game development that true dedication pays off. After the AM2R was completed, and subsequently DCMA’d, DoctorM64 was recognized for his work (indirectly, of course). The creators of Ori and the Blind Forest hired him to do level designs for the new Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

I was wanting to get permission to post a change.org petition about bringing AM2R to the Switch/3DS in advance. I don’t see anything in the post rules other than rule 6. It’s a fan-made game that the creators never asked, nor wanted any financial compensation for. Not emulated/pirated/etc. Nintendo was just protecting their I.P. . But I feel there is a timing issue with me posting this petition in order for it to be effective. I was able to locate the Pastebin summary of the YouTube interview between PhobiaSoft and guest Milton Guasti . PhobiaSoft asked questions about producing the game, as well as the fallout (or the lack thereof) of the DCMA Take-Down immediately following the 1.0 release. The pastebin adds context, and allows me to give an honest opinion as to why the petition is being created. And why it is requesting AM2R should be ported/released to the consoles.
And if the reader wants the full story, they can listen to the full youtube interview that will be linked along with the pastebin in the post. The primary question, and motive for me to create this petition is when Milton Guasti was asked about the DCMA take-down, and how there is no animosity between him and Nintendo. Along with how those who played AM2R should not be upset with Nintendo. : Question 8) SEGA hired a fan called “The Taxman,” who created an open engine that recreated the physics of the classic Sonic games, and he’s now one of the lead developers for that series’ 25th anniversary game, Sonic Mania. On the extremely unlikely chance that Nintendo were to have a change of heart and give you a similar opportunity, or even just wanted you to bring AM2R to the Switch, would you be interested? Response 8) Of course. It’d be an honor.
He even said to his fans after 10 years put into a game just to get a DCMA Take-down: Show them the money Create the demand, and they will provide. He and his team never asked nor wanted a dime for their work…
Any help or suggestions with posting this petition on reddit, as well as the change.org petition would be greatly appreciated. If someone is really confident they can do a great job, I would be more than happy to pass the torch onto you. The groups posting qualities are likely to exceed mine exponentially. Within a week of this message would be nice if possible. Time is somewhat of the essence for this. I don’t have permission/access to artwork to post legitimately online to give credibility to a change.org petition. That would be something that Nintendo would be more than happy to drop the hammer on and quash any idea of bringing a real petition to prominence. While I wish I have done this once before, I will bringing my artwork weapons. Safety not guaranteed, right? :stuck_out_tongue: I obviously can’t comment on whether or not I played AM2R, but those who have wouldn’t spend the time asking questions if it wasn’t any good. Yes I purchased Return of Samus. It was okay for the 2D series. But I have a soft-spot for creations of passion. And 10 years is a lot of passion. 10 years man! 10 Years! ;). I appreciate your time if you actually read all of this. Along with your help, advice, and most importantly, consideration for my plea for assistance.
Thank you so much,
-JB

I know you have your mind set on this. The thing is it will not work with Nintendo.

They have a long history of taking down Youtube Videos and fan projects.

you want nintendo to sell an illegal version of their own game, not likely