Am I the only guy still in love with Starcraft 2?

I still love StarCraft II. I am terrible at the game, but I adore it. Are there any other Starcraft II fans out there, let me know.

SC2 is such a nice game.
Still playing it on occasion.
The problem beein, half my friends are not good at it and the other half does not understand the concept of RTS games.

Would not call myself a fan. I just happen to own all parts of it, have a poster up on my wall and a plush Zergling arround…

2 Likes

I love the game, but it’s so clunky when you are trying to play offline custom games. It’s so desperate to connect you to battle.net that it takes away from the experience.

Now that it’s free I might fire up the campaign again. When it comes to multiplayer though, I’m pretty done with the base building RTS genre.

I still need to play it. I was thinking about getting it installed next time I’m in Windows. I haven’t played the original though.

I’ve been playing it a lot since it became free. Theres so much more to it than just the competitive play. Theres tons of community made game modes in the arcade section. I’ve been playing tower defense with friends and that alone is addictive enough that I’ve put hours into it without even trying.

I am not :frowning:

I played the hell out of WC3 back in the day. I’ve always been more into fantasy than sci-fi. I did play a little bit if SC though, and I played a lot of SC2 when it came out, but I haven’t touched it in a long time. That may change though, as I’m getting tired of spending tons of money on video games.

I could never get into the online play for SC or SC2. If I’m going to sink a buncha time into something competitive, Rocket League is my game currently, with some Paladins on the side. But I think it might be fun to go through single-player again.

I sometimes play SC2.
However, since becoming free, my Wings of Liberty has been upgraded.
Now, upgrades sound like a good idea, but it has foisted the newer rules on me. I don’t like the new rules. I liked the old rules (I’m talking about the default upgrades, thing like the starting number of SCVs, tanks having artillery mode without needing an upgrade, etc.)

i bought the first part of scii at launch, i got into it a little bit, but idk, I think the huge apm requirements kind of dissuaded me from getting too far into it. I’m going to give it a little more of a go now that its free to play, but I just don’t think i’m going to enjoy the emphasis on hotkeys and apm. I also think the strategy is over stated. Yes, there is lots of strategy, but there is alot of strategy in Quake, TF2, Counter Strike, and Overwatch as well. A lot of split second decisions to make that could easily be the wrong one. And in the end, i appreciate the challeng of perfecting your aiming and timing for firing, more than how trying to increase the number of actions per minute i can do.

I’d play it more now that they’re making server stuff for linux.

Come back to it fairly annually

You aren’t the only one
This guy is pretty hyped about it

teeLOLeet