Already reached my budget, do I really need an SSD

Ok so I'm in the process of building my first PC and I have a budget of $1500-1600. If I were to add an 120 GB SSD I would be just a little over my $1600 budget and I would really rather it be around $1500 or lower. Keep in mind this is my first PC build so I am just getting through the basics of things so I don't know everything. So my question is, is it really worth me getting the SSD. I know it greatly increases the speed of things but I will also get a 2TB Seagate Barracuda and what other advantages of the  120GB SSD would bennefit me other then booting things faster such as OS. Also this is for a gaming PC.

You don't NEED an SSD, but loading programs, boots, and mundane tasking speed up dramatically. Even though I would highly suggest an SSD on this build or in the very near future you can just stay with an HDD and then upgrade when you have a little extra to spend.

You would have been better getting a HDD with asystem use only solid state disk cache. Faster boot times etc

What are you Building ? because for 1500$ you should be able to Build an amazing Gmaping Pc with a 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD

This is my current setup.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/uVx0

drop the gpu to a 670 and you'll have a lot of money to spend on an ssd... or a better psu lol...

I personally would drop the GPU to a 7950 over a 670 unless you are partial to CUDA (using Adobe and things). I also would for your budget sake look into a Noctua D14 or a Hyper 212 EVO.

This saves you enough to go buy a good psu (its important, please dont buy that one... its not worth the headaches it could cause), and an SSD. Your ingame FPS will drop very little and it still will bash games for years to come.

Ssd changed my life lol... You need it! 

Agreed. SSD's make the user experience of a computer a million times better. But it does make you want to always go faster. 

Ok this is the new build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/uZa5

And the PSU here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276567&sku=ULT-LSP750

Unless you'll be doing alot of encoding and decoding and need the extra threads I'd reccommend going with an I5-3570k. You won't take any significant performance hit in games and you can still overclock the hell out of it if you'd like (I've got mine at 4.7ghz on air). With the $100 you save on the CPU you could get yourself a nice 120gb SSD. I picked up a Samsung SSD 840 a few months ago for my desktop to see what all the hype was about, the next day I went and bought another for my laptop, once you get one you'll never want to be without.

You don't build a $1500 gamer without an SSD today. Drop the HDD unless you really need the 2tb.

You should think of a SSD in this way, at least this is what I think, a HDD is the bottle neck to ANY system with a SATA port on it no matter what. I have one in my old Core2duo laptop because it will give me at least another 2 or 3 years without needing to buy a new laptop. If you are spending this much on a system you have to get a SSD at least a 128GB. I have two Samsung 830 128GB in RAID 0 and I could not live without them. Once you go SSD you really cant go back. I am looking for a small SSD to go in my pfsense router thats how much I love them. Again you HAVE to get a SSD, you will be glad you did, that 2TB HDD will bottleneck your system tremendously!!! (sorry for the slight rant). Also another way of putting it is like playing games on onboard grapghics vs that 680 you are thinking about getting for your system, its that big of a difference...

Yes, you need one.

Wait. Are you seriously building a 1500$ rig with a random low budget PSU?

Having an SSD in your system will really make you happy when you have to restart your pc from updates n what not, or you just have to get on really fast and leave. I wasnt so sure about them at first, but I think it was the best investment I have ever made when building my newest PC. 

Having an SSD in your system will really make you happy when you have to restart your pc from updates n what not, or you just have to get on really fast and leave. I wasnt so sure about them at first, but I think it was the best investment I have ever made when building my newest PC. 

(I know I will get hate responses for this one)

Are you sure you don't want to go with AMD 8350? 

http://teksyndicate.com/videos/amd-fx-8350-vs-intel-3570k-vs-3770k-vs-3820-gaming-and-xsplit-streaming-benchmarks

You would be able to throw a game or two in your budget.