Alienware vs Cyberpower vs Overclockers (UK)

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I am considering buying a gaming pc in the near future. For someone living in the UK which one of these companies would you recommend purchasing a PC from? If you have any other solutions please feel free to let me know. Thanks for your time!

If you must buy a PC, buy an Alienware. Any reason why you don't want to build your own?

Hi and thanks for the reply. I have done a bit of research and I think I know the basics of building a PC, but I am scared I will mess it up some way and think it will be easier just to buy one.

It is a lot less difficult than it seems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Js2A1qdB8&feature=player_embedded

the hardest part is figuring  out what parts to use, and you can just have us do that for you.

You can save quite a bit more money by building your own. Not to mention the knowledge that comes from that will help you tons in the future. If you are truly are worried about building it, finding someone local that builds computers would probably be your best bet for service etc. I do not recommend alienware, cyber pc, cyberpower. Look more into the boutique builders, your money will be more well spent there. They dont use cheap components to save the bottom dollar and they care about how well it runs etc. For that I would look to see whom is cheaper, geekbox, digital storm, Falcon Northwest. I would also look at prebuilts by NCIX (might want to check shipping before using them) because upgradibility in those systems is not a problem. However alienware, cyber power it is a problem.

There are plenty of tutorials out there on the web, namely newegg and Logan's tutorial.

It is much cheaper if you build it and you'll get the sense of satisfaction once you've done it. It's pretty hard to mess up building a pc if you take the precautions and be careful. If I were you I'd save a few bucks by building it, so then you can put that into much better components.

Happy building.

Thanks for the suggestions. I may give building my own pc a go. Just a quick question. How do you make sure your OS gets installed on the SSD instead of the mechanical hard drive when first installing?

You will be presented with a choice of which drive to install to during the installation.

budget?

Don't really have a clear budget. Anywhere from £1000 to £2000. Depending on wether I will be buying a next gen console and laptop as well, if so then nearer the £1000 mark.