Aircall for Linux Newb

Hey Everyone,

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section.

I am looking to use Linux (Ubuntu 18.04) for my work PC and have every application covered except one. Does anyone know how to get Aircall working on Linux? Is it going through WINE or is there a better way to do it without running Windows in a VM?

Thanks.

You pretty much have to go through wine or a VM when running a windows program. I did not see a wine-db listing for it, so you have to try it to see if it works with wine.

Does their web app work for what you need? If it does, you can just have a second browser dedicated to it and not have to deal with wine or a VM.

1 Like

It doesn’t unfortunately, I tested it out on my own and wasn’t able to get the desktop version to work. For my purposes I have to have both up and running.

Well, make sure that you try another application(one that has good compatibility with wine) in wine to make sure it is set up properly.

Also, you could try the development and staging versions of wine and play around with settings to try to make it work.

1 Like

Awesome, looks like I’ll have my activity for the night. Appreciate the suggestions.

1 Like