Affordable Laser Color Printer for Home?

Years ago, I bought a Samsung CLP320 for $100, still works. No issues with banding , I’m sure there’s better stuff out there

What you need to look for is one made by epson, I think goes for around $350 new.

keep an eye on slickdeals.net they go up on sale every few weeks for like $100ish

https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBarV2&q=color+laser+printer&searcharea=deals&searchin=first

If you’re going to print simple color graphics and text I can recommend the brother led color printers. Anything that requires actual good quality I’d say get an Epson and diy the continuous ink system. I have a T1110 mini plotter with that and printing is really cheap (Cheaper than laser even)

Some things to consider though:

• never ever change ink brand unless you fully purge and clean the whole system and print head
  • mod the printer to squirt the waste ink to a bottle instead of the default ink waste pads
  • get the software to reset sheet counters. It always will lock on you in the middle of an important job
  • cover your printer to avoid dust getting in
  • thoroughly clean the printer with isopropyl alcohol after 2-3 k prints
2 Likes

Yeah i will take a look for an Epson with the DIY Ink tanks, do you recommend it for things like Stickers Prints?

A while back we got a samsung black and white printer. They have dumbass DRM chips in the side but you can dig them out and slide them into other carts. Our model has color options in its ROM but it only takes the black and white so eh.

I think a color one was like 100 more. I’ll grab the model number for you in a bit if you want it. Been a great printer so far though.

Well im looking for a Color Printer more for Graphics and Stickers on Vinyl

I was reluctant at first too cause… well I am not an HP fan… but after all the research I did… it is the one I ended up with… good printer.

We had a canon mp980 that lasted 11 years before finally becoming corrupted and entering a deadly endless error/reboot loop. Print and scan quality were both great, but it always nagged about colors we never used. I only print black. It wants grey, then yellow, then cyan. I only use black! It was a huge pain in the ass, BUT you could bypass it, and get a set of all the 3rd party cartridges on eBay for pennies on the dollar.

Worth keeping until it died, but beware of the canon nag.

You think you only use black. The reality, is that even if you print in black the printer takes a bit of color from the others.

The only true way to use just black is to have a mono printer that only has black cartridges.

1 Like

Yes. Something else I forgot to add, paper or media is as important as the print and inks

Good to know, but nonetheless fails to explain why cyan, yellow, and magenta all run out more often than black.

Do you buy the regular or high capacity cartridges?

There is a setting in my printer to use only black… its how I printed so many books with it .

I can verify, as a person who used to sell this shit, that the printers do indeed use multiple colors for just black; but this does vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

1 Like

Correct you are… however there is a way to turn off the multi color black /white… cause I have only replaced the black cartridge not the other ones… and they are still the starter ones you get when you buy a printer, and I have printed at least 50 books of 88 pages in black only.

HP is usally the worst offender. What printer do you have?

HP Colour LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw Printer

UsuallyTM

So, everyone that commented how about the Printer Maintenance?