Advice for building a new website

Not really. I like to do everything as well very much! But I don´t think it´s particularly the goal to suggest the op to just be a fullstack dev.

With my memory, I have no doubt! :smiley:

I’m not suggesting him to become a full stack dev! :joy: … I was just directly asking you/talking directly to you there! :stuck_out_tongue: … As long as you don’t over use things like an ORM on the back end, we’re cool… :joy:

No, actually in the current project I do (well in my free time) I use JOOQ+Flyway to manage the database, witch is the exact oposite philosophy of an ORM. In a way. IMO, Database(s) should be structured so it can outlife your application possibly. Also you don´t want to grow and then have your DB collapse on your head. Or unlearn SQL with entityframework (witch you can totally do SQL without a single SQL statement with, dont´even need LINQ just pass delegate´s to the select method, sure not gonna be a problem ever). Thought that being said that´s pernal preference. I don´t have a problem working in a Job that happens to use JPA, just because I decided against it in my personal projects. :slight_smile:

Kinda looking for a new Job now, cause I´m NOT really employed primarily for programming right now and I figured I wanna go more that direction. Well I mean until 2nd-3rd grade of (technical-)highschool I was GOOD at programming (relatively to my class), but then I just more and more went away from it because nobody gave a damn about it anyways (we all don´t care, do well on where you don´t do well at right now, basically) and gaming was more rewarding and fun. I don´t regret it. It was fun and I learned english, where as before I S*CKED at it, really hard!

Just generally, I learn stuff with usecase / project oriented MUCH better than because teacher told me to learn it and I dont´know why or what´s the use of it.

After school I also didn´t know for sure I wanna do programming for a lifing, because I was “not it the loop” and insecure about it. So, that´s why it was hard to find a decent job that´s in the fileld.

Now, I think it´s different (mostly because of some personal projects I did (mostly java) on top of learning php/javascript/html at work and learning Laravel even thought I didn´t necessarily need it at work I wanted to migrate the code to it, because of many many reasons (mostly code style, restructuring everything so it´s easier to work with in many different ways).
But they said it´s too complicated they want other people to be able to work with it too eventually so it stais plain php with bootstrap).

Now the project is considered done, so I probably won´t get to programm anymore (unless it breaks). And I don´t really enjoy the rest of the work too much (at least not at this scale). So I´m deffinitely going sooner or later and pretty confident I have what it takes this time around. :slight_smile:

For DB management, I’ve basically created my own solution, basically you have query templates. These are basic objects that consist of a query string which is a native SQL statement, nothing more. It then has a list/array list of POJO’s which contain a name and a value, I’m sure you can see where this is going? Basically you use the named parameters to search for ‘x’ item, and there’s a bunch of other magic going on, I won’t go into too much detail because it’s actually copyrighted by the business I currently work for. Myself and another developer built it to replace relying on Hibernate/HQL. :stuck_out_tongue:

May I ask what is your native language? In all fairness, I wouldn’t have guessed that your native language isn’t English, so you don good man! :wink:

Even if you don’t, fake it until you make it, I swear down, when I first started I had to Google what the hell AJAX was/meant. :joy:

That sound kinda like DIY JOOQ. JOOQ maps every single SQL function, like select, update, joins, CTEs and so on to a function in Java (Or most of it anyways). You create your Tables with an SQL script (Flyway is merely a migration/versioning tool for plain SQL scripts/tables) then you run JOOQ codegen and it creates the metadata Java-Objects from your database and then you can do basically SQL queries as if you where writing SQL in Java and unlike mere Strings the compiler can check it for systax errors and mistyped table/column names.

German.

I googled what LAMP stack means after a week of using it and wondering what fancy technology they are talking about. And well many more stupid things I´m sure. That one I just found particularly hilarious!

Not really JOOQ is more of a query builder to my knowledge, I’ve never used it myself though… This is a bit different, I mean it’s not as flexible, kidna a deliberate design decision though, it’s just to have as much speed as humanly possible. But I do enjoy a good ol’ query builder, it’s a neat way to run queries IMO.

To be fair, so did I, I just hadn’t heard of that terminology prior to first seeing the word LAMP in the given context, I was like … Huh?

Anyway, DM me rather than continue posting here… To be fair we have gone a lot off topic… :joy: … I apologies for that peeps!