Adubs Corner

Neither am I TBH.

These slow ass USB drives take forever to get things installed and booted.

As a side note the LED access light is nice because I know its not just locked up or quit on me.

1 Like

Only 2 drives show up to make a pool with

sad times

I guess this means I have to get a HBA

edit nvm, this rosewill thing is just a big pos and wasnt seating the drives fully.

1 Like

It lives

4 Likes

%201

2 Likes

:+1::heavy_plus_sign:

1 Like

it cut off the bottom of the c

this ui is literally unusable

5 Likes

Is that the default FreeNAS? I’ve never used it.

2 Likes

Stock 11.2

wanna play with it?

2 Likes

Maybe, if there’s time.

1 Like

I’m still not sure what to do with it and synology rsync doesnt want to play nice with it so its still very much an experiment right now.

2 Likes

My understanding (could be wrong) is that FreeNAS is an experiment gone good? I hear you can do crazy stuff with VMs and what not now, too.

2 Likes

It looks to me as if you can just pass it an ISO and you’re off to the races. I know less than you probably so I could give you creds and you can help me break it if you like. All my data is staying on the synology for now until I feel more comfortable with its stability.

2 Likes

Something that seems very silly to me is you’re supposed to use the root account to use the web interface.

2 Likes

pretty sure backblaze is now using mostly enterprise skus since they get them for the same price as consumer drives since they do crazy volumes now

talk on their drive data

1 Like

I appreciate that you rock Bash stickers.

In my experience, people with Arch stickers will start itching to crucify you if you’re not running zsh or fish. :rofl:

4 Likes

I know nothing else to give an opinion about it.

3 Likes

The crossfit/veganism like devotion to those have made me hate them more than I should.

4 Likes

brb installing all the shells

3 Likes

burned all of his mother’s fortune on that 1070 in his 4k HPC

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Used to be wifes gaming pc but then she ended up wanting a laptop with a dock so she could take it back and forth to work. She barely even played games on it.

2 Likes