Adubs Corner

even more so since I accidentally knocked it off the wall and cracked the glass.

its neat. you can compare your energy usage based on other users. its got IFTTT support for some stuff. I like that I can be in bed and change it. ameren gave me $100 back on it so total cost was $80.

4 Likes

You have more computers than I do clothes.

8 Likes

Let me tell you about my TVs my friend.

5 Likes

so freenas doesnt want to install on these USB drives because of their size.

OOF

Looks like thats all I can do for today bois

3 Likes

Just cuz you wear plain grey t-shirts all the time doesn’t mean you can count that as one thing

3 Likes

16gb USB sticks ordered but non prime so wont be here until next week. Thinking about just using my nice one but its 64gb and I wanted to mirror these.

The build progressed as expected. Cable management in this case is a joke but I tried anyway.

It lives

8 Likes

Good stuff. @Adubs

3 Likes

Nice wall clock

2 Likes

I showed you my clock, pls respond.

5 Likes

Ugh. Amazon always pulls ye ol’ bait 'n switch when I’m going through their computer components.

PRIME ELIGIBLE.

Jk :wink:

2 Likes

I’m just being a cheap bastard.

2 Likes

So is Bezos :expressionless:

2 Likes

I think these might actually be coming from microshitter like their branding implies.

It claims prime but you get this

1 Like

@freqlabs

Kinda want your input on this because I feel like you know more than the average bear here. Mirrors or raidz2 for 4x 4tb disks?

2 Likes

I’d do mirrors. Easier to expand later, better performance.

3 Likes

gonna have to do me one of these threads, if I ever clean my room

1 Like

I think you should. Id be interested, clean or not.

dont hide the piss jugs on account of us.
/s

I have stupid shit like my social security card and receipts and packing slips on my desks…

I mean… I have… stuff on my desk… dont look too close.

1 Like

Are the HGST drive worth it? I’ve always kept my drives under 2 tb because in ye olde days, the Seagate horror stories were plentiful. I’ve been a WD guy forever but if I could get a 2-3tb drive that’s reliable, I’d pay through the nose.

I know what a pihole does, sort of. How does it work on a day to day?

1 Like