AdoredTV: The Way You Were Meant To Be Played

That’s not mine, it’s Frugal Tech’s.

Actually, Dell’s great deals are in the XPS and business class PCs. You can get them cheaper than building your own sometimes.

Yes it is good to have AMD around and hopefully more competitors join in at some point. I will still buy Nvidia though for now and pay more cuz I like the features they have for their cards.

IDK, i don’t feel bad for buying Nvidia; i’m more just annoyed that AMD seems to be slacking. Yes, I want AMD to do well. Yes, i will probably get an AMD card over a similarly priced and performing Nvidia card if they both have options at the price range i’m looking at.

I haven’t watched the 2nd video yet, but i’ve seen other videos on this topic and its not like Nvidia did anything as shady as what Intel did to AMD. AMD doesn’t have an excuse for underperforming in the GPU segment. If you blame consumers for preferring Nvidia, well, thats because of marketing, something AMD could of done a better job in. Its not like the preference of Nvidia happened by magic or that Nvidia did anything illegal for that to occur. Also, AMD cards are next to impossible to get at MSRP right now, they’re selling insanely well, its not like AMD is struggling to sell their cards.

Finally, my understanding is the CPU market is way way bigger than the GPU market, so I don’t know if this portraying of AMD against Nvidia as David against Goliath is really accurate. It also seems like he cuts AMD way too much slack. Nothing is ever AMD’s fault, they couldn’t do better, they don’t have the money to do better.

Except for that the 580 is a good card and can run nonstupid games without retard tech like tresfx just fine on high or ultra.

Nvidia doesn’t have that good of stuff. I am no paying more than 245 bucks for a gpu and I SURE as hell am not dealing with their garbage driverscape in linux.

Far as I give a shit its not market domination. I’m not sold on it. And fuck if I’m buying a modern gpu like a 1050 or 1060 with 3 god damn gb of ram.

That why we need three or four different graphic card designers than the two we have , more competition , better products end up in consumers hands.

Doubtful we will ever see that. Next to impossible without some kind of patent infringement.

I know It is extremely Doubtful, I was just pointing out what and be the best situation for the consumer.

Ok, I had heard that speed for ram, but I thought I heard wrong since my 480 runs memory at 2,000. Thanks for the remedial lesson. Looks like I needed it.

Think of pipes. [insert random penis-joke here] [insert random penis-insertion-joke here]

Bandwidth is the diameter, clockspeed is the flowrate.

GDDR - smaller diameter, higher flowrate
HBM - huge diameter, slow flowrate

Overall the results today are pretty close.

That makes sense to my cave man mind.