Administrator rights everywhere

Hi everyone

I just reset my Surfacebook 2

Now I am admin if I look up my login in the settings information and I can run every program as administrator. But If I want to right to the programfolder using a program this dose not work anymore. How can I give me admin rights everywhere, so that I run all programs as admin.

Hope you can help me

Janick

Open an admin cmd prompt and run:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now you can login as the real administrator account. Remember to set a password.

Note you really shouldn’t actually do this, as UAC exists for a reason. But if you feel strongly about it, go do your thing.

If the problem is you want to write somewhere inside C:\Program Files, right click on the folder, go to security, and add your username with full access. That’s much better than logging in as admin.

4 Likes

Thanks

its the same with linux user access control allows you to set the permission level to each and every user
logging in with full admin rights as a user is risky because there are a lot of things that shouldn’t be run under full admin access such as browsing the web.
you can set up your access to everything but system
in linux if you need to run a system command or app the computer will prompt you for the root password
I believe you can do the same with windows (but I have’t run windows steady in a long time)