Adding Hard Disk in Virtualized OS

So revently i have been thinking of changing to linux as my main operating system because it offers more customizations and better security. I have 3 drives with me, 1 boot drive(Klevv 120gb), 1 drive(850 Evo) for programs and the other(850Pro) for games. I was wondering if the data that is stored in the virtualized OS can edited real time in the host os(ie. editing up a document etc, opening up zip files for android studio).

I too pray to our lord and savior GNU\Linux :wink:

But depending on how you have it set up yes, you could totally edit them real-time. Last time I tried it was kinda funky to do but that very well could have been me trying to overcomplicate things.

1 Like

I think it should be as easy as mounting a virtual drive.
Mount process depends on witch OS You are using.

1 Like

You can edit virtual drive images or block devices by mounting them whe nthe VM is off.

And yes, you can do it in realtime with the VM active, but you need to set up an smb share or use a tool like Syncthing.

we also have a wiki for other VM stuff here:

What are you virtualizing, windows?

If you’re thinking about running a linux VM on linux, I suggest you give LXC a shot, it’s awesome technology, much faster, and more hardware efficient.

tx man i’ll be sure to consider your suggestion

I played with LXC on a Raspberry PI 3. Even that small dude is able to run 4 containers with different web, DB and other servers.
Amazing technology and the best thing is, that it is super easy to access the containers files from the host OS.