Active Motherboard Chipset Cooling - Point of failures/Reliability

This is a MB by MB thing. I’ve read complaints from Gigabyte owners that the settings are not enough. On my MSI the fan only turns on at boot or during really high loads. I think I can set custom curves as well but I haven’t tried.

They’re ball bearing fans. And can anyone verify? They can in fact be replaced/bought?

Power Logic makes a lot of the fans being used. Their catalog for fans is huge and easily accessible on AliExpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20191027122646&SearchText=power+logic+fan

Even if you can’t find that exact model (the model number is on the back of the fan in 99% of cases), there’s probably something with the same measurements that will fit.

Just saying spend the extra $100 and get the VG27AQ. It is way better and a much better value. Just got one myself it is awesome. 27". 1440p IPS. 144Hz with Gsync and ELMB

1 Like

I appreciate the advice, I really do. But I have to remind everyone i’m in Canada. And that thing is $600 here. Way too expensive. Plus i’ll be needing a new GPU to run 1440P. And what I like about the Dell is it looks professional. And it’s 24". Wouldn’t 27 not have as much pixel density? Idk. I might just wait and buy it, and finally go with an AMD GPU if I build a Ryzen 3600 system. :smiley:

Also, apparently the ASUS display has strobing issues on lower refresh rates? Although i’m not sure why that’s an issue? I wonder if they specifically mean in a desktop environment. If you’re playing a game that’s locked FPS, that would be a serious issue.

It doesn’t but 24"in 1440p is too small imo. everything is too tiny. 27" is perfect for 1440p.

Literally never had this issue lol but okay

:thinking: Just something I read. Probably nothing to worry about. Anyway, still too expensive, and i’m still too poor.

ect…

1 Like
1 Like

Well if you don´t like a chipset fan, which are,
fans that are widely available.
Then you could always go for X470.
You will lose pci-e4.0, but other then that it will be fine.

1 Like

@DerKrieger In all seriousness though, that display looks great. And it’s both G-Sync and Freesync which is crazy. I’d love to do a full AMD build. However, there’s always something wrong with monitors. Price aside, if they AT LEAST made it look good and professional, I would pull the trigger on it, hesitantly, but damn it might just be worth it. The TUF branding, the Bey-Blade Hasbro look like something a 13 year old would find appealing is just way too much. I’m surprised there’s no RBG on it. But other than that it really is a very fantastic looking display.

@MisteryAngel Well if that’s the case and it isn’t a big deal to replace them, then I guess X570 is fine. ALSO, my case (Phantom 820) has a fan at the side blowing RIGHT into the PCIE chipset. :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.