About a National Banked which got hacked

Hey wendell, how are you ?

Happy New year ! Hope this year will bring good fortune to you.

Let's dive into the matter. I want to talk about The National National Reserve of Bangladesh which was hacked; 961 million dollar.

And hoping you would shed some lights on this issue.

There is a Wikipedia Page about it.

There are many rumors regarding this issue, some say that the secure money transaction protocol swift was compromised, some say it was an inside job and this is interesting, there was a report on a online daily http://www.banglatribune.com/ that the hacker sent a phishing email to the Bangladesh Bank and they somehow convinced them that they were the swift and were going to send a technician to look into some matters. And that alleged technician installed some malware into the main server of the reserve bank of Bangladesh.

I am hoping that you would explain us how the Swift Network system works, and look into some of these interesting and claims. The Bangladesh Govt, FBI, Sri Lankan Govt and Philippine govt is investigating the matter.

Another interesting claim, the hackers made some spelling mistakes. That's why the Sri Lankans got suspicious and hold the money transaction.

If you need more info about the incident, I will collect some news links, and help you about the translation. Cause most of them will be in Bengali.

Thanks in Advance !

1 Like