a10 6800k + GTX 770 = WTF?

hi guys i have built a system a while back now and been having some issues with the build in the frames per second area in games. i would realy like to fing the problem here as i know i should be getting higher fps. for example in bf3 1920x1080 at ultra preset im getting around 25-130 fps but the real problem is my average is about 35-45 fps and it stays at the lower end of that margin. i also have noticed that my gpu usage is never above 50% and cpu never goes above 60% and has left me puzzled as benchmarks seem to be alot higher than my results. my full system specs are:

bitfenix prodigy

a10 6800k 4.1ghz @ 4.7ghz(OC) with corsair h100i

8gb hyper x beast 2400mhz ram

FM2A75M-ITX R2.0 mobo

EVGA GTX 770 sc acx (clean install of the 320.49 drivers)

ADATA 128gb SSD

500gb seagate barracud hybrid drive (Dont ask :P)

windows 8 64bit

Akasa Venom 550w Modular '80 Plus' Power Supply

i have searched and searched and have found no conflict in these parts but im a noob when it gets technical so if anyone could please take the time to help me out as i know there are some smart guys on here that proberbly see it straight away...

thanks

Did you try lowering AA and AS ?

Does your fps drop in the crowded areas of the map ?

Useing a low end APU thats just a cut down FX that lacks a level 3 cpu cache with a top end card what did you expect?

it is the same with AA of ans AS x1 plus no motion blur and actualy i get the same fps in ultra as i do in the low preset......? its why im so confused

dude i got the gtx 770 out of impulse buy and the a10 has all good things said about it even used as just a cpu???? im a noob man have mercy

who in the world has $400 impulse buys?

If changing the setting doesn't affect the fps your problem is the cpu.

It was kind of obvious but just asked in case,you can lower the resolution to 720p but that means not running at native resolution.

You can switch to fx8350 + 9xxx mobo + case for 350-450$.If your wallet allows it i'd say go for it.

had just been paid and done like 15 days overtime so had like $1200 more than usual lol so i just thought what the hell why not.

i meant 5 days lol

but seriously dose any see any bottleneck in the hardware so maybe i could change it. i was thinking maybe the power supply???

I would have said the APU was holding you back, it's a low end CPU. If you got lots of overtime, I would suggest upgrading your platform. Your PSU is more than enough for your system.

If you're using an mITX system (judging by your FM2 mobo), I would recommend an i5 and your choice of mITX mobo.

That APU isn't a bad cpu for the average person's usage. It is just under the i3 in performance. However, even the i3 would bottleneck the 770. I would say go with something like a 8350. I don't know if you would have the bottleneck or not on a 6300.

Bro, if I was you, I would replace the mobo + CPU. Options:

Mobo:

ASRock Z77E-ITX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard ~$145

-or-

ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard with USB BIOS ~$180

CPU:

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K ~$220

Total: $365 or $400

Then, Sir, you will have a beast system. I wish I had that kind of money...

*Prices from Newegg

you can go 8350 for the same or less

And overclock the hell out of it :)

yes amen to that.. APUs are nice on their own, but if you throw a good dedicated GPU at it, Don't expect miracles...

But there are not really any good mini-itx mobos for AM3+ The bitfenix prodigy can only have mini itx. So he could buy a new case if he wants the 8350, which is better.

The IB i3 is barely faster than the A10-5800k in overall performance: http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/prozessoren/2012/test-trinity-vs.-ivy-bridge-im-cpu-test/6/

Considering the 6800k is higher-clocked, they should be pretty much on par.

Nonetheless, both don't really exceed the performance of an AMD Phenom (II x4). Pairing this with a 770 is a little bit too much and will indeed result in a bottleneck. The 760 is probably as far as you could go.

Sorry i can't stop laughing......You paired a APU with gtx 770!?!? you'd of had better results from sandy bridge i3 trolololololo

Yeah i'd say you skimped out on the cpu(apu) and it cost you more money. does the PSU have single 12v rail with more than 42 amps on it?

yes the psu has 45 amps with a 12v rail and i think im going to get the haswell i7 4770k and evga z87 stinger when its out and just make do with what i got for now still a while till battlefield 4 anyways so not much of a rush