A sensible view on the new YouTube Partner terms. Changes that will come Feb/20th/2018

Don’t disagree. Just that google have everyone in the youtube basket and wont want to lose that.

The whole point is distribution of content freely as a cultural tool.

Who the fuck cares about profit when we could have culture, learning and art

I don’t think they care. Videos of a baby learning to walk doesn’t make money. The value is in channels that are professional and produce customer experiences that keep the viewer around.

Amateur videos are not what Ford or Coke want their advertisements on. If another platform focuses on that there is money to be made. Uncle Bob’s Discount Trailers wants ads too. Not to mention the various ways you can monetize the users.

1. I help my friend on his videos, tbh I have to take a statement back because he doesn’t post my channel in his videos but people find me through my name in his videos, yes its a boost but the content I do put out does attract more people than others migrating over from his channel.
  2. It doesn’t take a genius to learn the basics of transitions and where to place audio and video recordings, I was completely lost on how Vegas worked but all I needed to know was 3 things, where to place stuff, where to do transitions, and how to render them for youtube. all three of those questions can usually be found in tutorials.

Those are problems I acknowledged in my first post where I said that.

There are ideologically driven people who have basically already created the necessary software and networks for this, it’s just not stressed as a YouTube replacement. You could literally throw some videos on Tor or I2P right now in that vein, but nobody would find them.

Again, I’m not denying the difficulty, but if you wanna solve problems you come up against challenges.

Lol, then what motivates creators to make content in the first place. This is honestly idealistic and naive.

1 Like

Yeah no.

While most content creators I’m sure enjoy producing content money matters. Both as a motivating factor and simply to survive.
Creating quality content is a full time job. They need the money to live.

Really though I don’t see an issue with this. Ads are a small portion of revenue even for large channels.

Simply put it you create content that is quality and people want to watch they will support you. Tons of channels, even small ones, have demonetized and been totally fine…

1 Like

Well money is one. Having a fan club is the ego’s drugs too.

If you’re not in it for the money who cares how YT decides who is monetized or not, you can still use it to upload video and reach a much larger audience than any p2p video platform.

This is a thread about YT’s changes to the partner program, of course we’re going to talk about money and profit,
You can’t separate the two

3 Likes

I get what you are saying but you are not answering my question. Where did you learn the basics from, YouTube, premium coaching sites? Cite the sources you used so others can learn.

This is the problem I was pointing out. There is no one to Grandfather anyone into making better content or teaching them something

I am not asking for a sub4sub thing and adding all my videos into a playing for the 4000 hour mark.

It would help if all the smaller channels affected by the new rules helped one another out.

1 Like

I learned from youtube tutorials, watched quite a few to see how people used software and any tips that they have that others wouldn’t have done. I thought I saved the tutorials that I used on my like list but apparently not so I cant tell you the exact videos I used when I started. but the things I used were Gimp 2.8 for thumbnails and Sony vegas pro 13, I just looked them up on youtube and like the first 3 tutorials look like they have everything for a person to learn how to use them.

There isn’t really a proper way to help Everyone to make better content because someones way of doing a video can be very different to others content, its a learning process and you gotta get a feel for how you like making your videos.

2 Likes

Honestly production value and video quality have limited affect on views.

You need unique and quality content. If you don’t have that it doesn’t matter how many pixels are in your video or if it has flashy transitions or good editing and shit. No one will want to watch it if it’s boring.

Fact is most people’s content is trash. It isn’t unique. It isn’t different. It’s the same old. Those people are not going to make it on YouTube even with no barrier to entry.

4 Likes

So basically everything is a worn out market now. Gaming channels are not worth making since that market is already snapped up.

I see tons of channels with little to no transitions or professional editing make it.

So the email all the smaller channels got was nothing but them saying we dont want you.

From a certain point of view.

5 Likes

It’s not worth making another let’s play or review channel no. Same with tech tube. Reviews or something is done to death and you’ll never be able to compete.

You need to find something that makes you stand out and is unique.

Yes. Because their content is good and or unique.

Essentially yes at least in their current guise. Though no current ones are being demonitized remember.

Small channels are still welcome to post but they need to create something people want to watch and then when people do start watching they can get ad support.

Dealing with monitization on a billion shit channels that no one will watch anyway or will.die regardless just isn’t worth the time or hassle. You need to prove yourself.

Remember though ads are essentially meaningless to most channels. Direct support is the way to go.

Never underestimate a millennials ability to make their parents pay for content that make no sense !

We are going to die or get really old before the new aging drugs come out. The kids will be whining the whole time.

This post makes no sense and seems the only one whining is you.

5 Likes

Isnt that like teaching someone? Just because a whole classroom learns the same thing does not mean they are going to do the same thing. That is not the point I am making. There is enough copy cats out there as is. All I am simply saying show what you know.

1 Like

What if lets plays are what you want to do and there is nothing else you know? New channels that do Vlogs will suffer from this. Most people watch Vlogs like they do a reality show on TV.

Not that I want to do vlogs.

So if you want Partnered now the mindset it do something you hate doing or know nothing about.

Funny. I have really never seen a metal channel that has ever succeeded on YT.

1 Like

To show you all I know I’d have to make a video on that XD

I miss the old days of Youtube with green and red lightsabers . Video quality was low but people could upload more or less anything without having to worry about copyright strike or demonetization.

2 Likes