A request for 980ti and furyx owners

You should make a table or something in the OP with all of the numbers that have been sumbitted so that you can have a reference for each card. Would make it easier to see the information.

1 Like

A public viewable Google doc or something similar for the benefit of the masses or any looking for more comparison in general.

I will do a google doc when we have a bigger sample, maybe even considering do a thread of GPU compute benchmarks...

1 Like

Yes this is what I was thinking for after you have your information is open it to more GPUs and expand the table to a general look up of performance.

This is a shameless uppost to ask for more furyx reusults...the first one was a bit weird.. Thanks everyone

Windows 8.1
GTX 970 x2 @ 1450mhz
High Monument
Device 1 performance: 897.446 million samples/sec (GeForce GTX 970)
Device 2 performance: 881.132 million samples/sec (GeForce GTX 970)
Total performance: 1778.58 million samples/sec
Ultra taking too long aborted.

High building
Device 1 performance: 724.621 million samples/sec (GeForce GTX 970)
Device 2 performance: 734.815 million samples/sec (GeForce GTX 970)
Total performance: 1459.44 million samples/sec

could you retest this with the crimson drivers please? also could you do the same @knight26?

I won't be able to get to it till next week. I'm out of town for the holidays and I have to replace my motherboard when I get back.

1 Like

Hi again guys, thanks for the results thus far, could I ask, specially to fury x owners, for more tests with the latest drivers? I'm making the purchase next week... @knight26 and @HimTortons?

Thanks for your time guys

Sorry @anibalbarca, I just got my rig up and running stable again this past weekend. Turns out one of my fury cards was causing the problem so I had to put my 290 cards back into the system. I don't know if you would be interested in those numbers or not.

Damn. That really sucks that you were having instability due to the Fury cards.

Personally though, I am still interested in seeing more numbers, especially with latest drivers. It is a great and an unfortunate thing that drivers are constantly improving performance where they can. It is a benefit for the end user but it makes the older numbers much less valid.

I think that my original recommendation still stands though. Dual 390s seems like the way to go.

Well the problem with 2 390s is that they'll consume a lot of power but if thats not a problem then it might be the best option. I'm going to try to get my Fury X results up by Monday

sorry for you man, hope you can get your system with furys running again in the futures, good luck!

well I have some good news, is that I might have some more spare money next year, so I might just grab the best right now, and xfire/sli it with a second hand one next spring and have gpu power for a good while, I even considered buying a 980 ti now and a Fury next year, the nvidia for display, the fury for compute, basically I would like to support AMD, but if gpu/drivers are not mature enough yet I have to choose what's best for my job. Nvidia has an advantage for drivers in Linux and better geometry display, AMD has it for better compute... 1st world problems...

Device 1 performance: 1397.06 million samples/sec (Fiji)
Total performance: 1397.06 million samples/sec

Windows 7 Ult. X64
Monument, High.

Run with an R9 Nano. I feel the rest of the system is probably pulling the score back, (Pentium and 8GB of DDR3).

Thanks a lot! it shouldn't since you're using only gpu for this matter, maybe only ram speed, but in this little sample is marginal so don't worry, interestingly enough the results of the nano seem better than the fury x and only changed OS (again cpu here makes difference fall into margin of error)... let's hope for more results, monday, or tuesday I'll make the order...

Im also going to try to get some linux results up too but on Windows I had some issues causing the log not to show the score. Ill have to re-run it a few more times

Well it turns out the Linux results are really nice:

2015-12-18 16:55:41 Device 1 performance: 1571.24 million samples/sec (Fiji)
2015-12-18 16:55:41 Total performance: 1571.24 million samples/sec

Better than my initial win10 results

Hey! thanks Him!! really nice results, just in line with the 980ti ones, I asume that will be better over time...this make really tough the desicion but most important... can't go wrong with either!!!!!thanks a lot!

Yeah they are much better than I expected especially since it's Linux. I'm doing the building test right now (the ones before were the monument results) and then I'm going to do the Windows 10 test again