A quick build check

Hello everyone

My dad wants a new PC for his office and I've selected a few components to build one.
We want to keep it cheap, and it just needs to read mails, browse the internet and serve for many years to come. That's why I'm currently keeping a RAM slot free, took a CPU with integrated graphics, shrinked it to a micro ATX and skipped an optical drive.
As for the budget, it's not fixed, but we'd like to keep it below 400 euro, or at least below 500 euro. Just keep it around the hardware costs of the listed components below if you have a different currency. 

Yet, I still have a few questions.

1. Would building a mini-ITX system have any benefits?
  2. Is this build balanced, good components? Or am I still overpowering it a bit? (I don't want to go too cheap, making it last a few years longer.)
  3. I love the Kingston HyperX SSD (SH103S3/120G), but the V300's are cheaper, go or no go?
  4. One or two RAM sticks? 2 gives you more speed if i got it right (a bit confused here), but one gives you room for a future upgrade without leftover parts.
  5. Most importantly:  I have an old ATX2.03 300W power supply. It's not 80 plus certified (because that's a recent trend?). Do you think we can use this one? Or be safe and get a new one?
I know it's alot of questions for an every-day build, but would love to get a little input before I hit the buy button. Cheers!

Parts: PCPartpicker link

1. CPU: AMD A8-5600K (€94.90)
  2. MOBO: ASRock FM2A55M-DGS R2.0 (€49.99)
  3. RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 CL10 (single stick) (€69.90)
  4. DRIVE: Kingston SV300S37A/120G SSD (€89.90)
  5. CASE: Fractal Design Core 1000 (€39.99)
  6. PSU: Corsair 430CX (€49.99)

Total: €394.67

1. More disadvantages than advantages: bad airflow, little space to work with, might have to take everything out just to install something or remove something. The only upside is it's lightness and mobillity, and sometimes the case quality is better on those (if you had a shuttle back in the day, you were 1337).

3. Sorry I can't help you, but most reviews after a big promotion say it's good value.

4. dual channel (2 of the same in the same kind of slot - can be 4x the same but it's a bit slower (unnoticable) , still dual channel)

The ram you picked is overly expensive for it's own good, and cl10 is bad for that money. You should get any brand of RAM but with CL9 @ 1600 speed 2x4GB.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-memory-cmz8gx3m2a1600c9r

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-memory-bls2kit4g3d1609ds1s00

etc.

5. Works, check if it's got decent amperage on the 12V rail, as most older PSUs have most of it on the 5v. Anything over 15A on 12v+ and 12v- will do just fine for a present CPU.

Save money from the PSU and RAM, buy the latest and most expensive socket FM2 processor and you guys'll be set.

I'd reccomend you skip the freakin PSU crap these guys spew and use that old one if it is any good(as I said above). Also check for dust, fan problems and the WEIGHT of the thing, it's a pretty good principle that heavy PSUs are good.

Thanks for the great advice. I just figured which mobo's are compatible with the psu. (some higher end need EPX, but this one and the FM2A75M-DGS work on an ATX12V 2.0, yay)

I'll go for 2 sticks of RAM then, just looked up the dual channel explanation again. I don't think we'll need more than 8GB of ram any time soon anyway.

Let's take it to the head of the family :) 

5. Lower the PSU FOR YOUR OWN SAKE, get the best CPU for that socket with the money. Buy 8gb (2x4gb) , you won't have to upgrade when programs and OSes will eat your RAM (it's cheap now, 4gb is the norm, if you go with a 64 bit OS on 4gb you'll be having freezes).

What if he wants to try some other programs than just web browsers? If that's the budget, then make the most of it.

A cheap smaller SSD and a bigger HDD makes more sense. Hybrid drives aren't quite evolved and are more expensive.

Thank you for all your comments. We took everything into consideration, made a final assembly and ordered the components. I also forced a new monitor on him because the current one is so low res that almost no website fits in width. 

As for my choice for some components, on lower-end/size components you can get a great performance increase for a slightly higher price. For example, a 60GB SSD isn't 50% the price of an 120GB SSD but rather still 70-80%.

We might've scraped off a few more bucks here and there, but we're glad it's in a good price range and will rock for the years to come in my opinion.

Again, thanks for the quick responses :)