...a plea for help continued

Hi all, I continued my original topic here in hopes of getting more help. I originally thought it was a games issue, now I know it is my PC. http://teksyndicate.com/forum/pc-gaming/my-first-ever-forum-post-plea-help/125856 

Fractal Designs R4 black + window

NZXT Hale 82 750w

WD 1000 GB HDD

Kingston Hyperx SK 120GB

ASRock Z77 Extreme 6

i5 2500k

Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 RAM

Scythe Grand Kama Cross heatsink

ASUS GEForce GTX 670

Corsair K90 and M90

BenQ XL2420T

I was having problems with games and thusly thought they were game related. Now I suspect some part of my build. My PC freezes a lot. Not during intense games though like Skyrim maxed. It freezes during simple things like watching YT vids or just listening to music. All my music is on an ex HDD. Why is my PC misbehaving? Why does it freeze? When it happens nothing works, no mouse, no Task manager, just buzzes the note of whatever sound was on at the time, the screen stays on whatever was on at the time..

I am OC to 4.0GHz. I ran geeks3D Furmark and scored slightly below the highest card rating (RAdeon 7970 I think). I have run GPU-Z and CPU-Z. I tried to run memtest86 but when it burnt the image to CD I didn't know what to do from there. Windows mem test showed nothing wrong. My Windows Experience score is 7.6 out of 7.9. I have updated every driver I can think of or find.

I have adjusted various sttings in the ASRock UEFI. I discovered my RAM was running at 1333 so I fixed that now to 1600. The CPU never gets above 50 degrees. I ran OCCT and during a few of those tests my PC froze, but I am not experienced enough to know how to use the program effectively. (This is my first PC and build ever). I am running both monitors off the GPU, one is 60Hz the other is 120Hz.

In the UEFI there is a thing called "internet flash". When I click it, it asks me to update to firmware 2.30. I say yes. It says no interenet connection. I go to ASRock site and try to find this update and fail. I suspect this may be my problem, but do not know how to fix it.

Would an unstable internet connection cause freezin? For some reason I lose connection a few times a day. I am in the process of changing ISP's, but will it do any good for what ails my PC? Thanks for the help folks.

It sounds like a GPU to me, youtube usually uses GPU acceleration. Try sucking it up and pulling the GPU to run off integrated for a bit and see if it still crashes.

I did that a few days ago from another guy's advice. Ran the onboard GPU for a few days. Still had some freezing issues. That's why I put the GTX 670 back in this morning. Any other ideas dude(ette)?

Update. So Nvidia released a driver update and I stopped the hardware acceleration that youtube uses. My PC is working good now! Except for one thing!

I changed the battery in my mobo because the time kept resetting to 1033am on every restart and boot. Bizarrely, even if my PC remained on and running, about every three hours it would reset back to 1033am on the same date. This is wreaking havoc with my save games, and software updates. So I changed the battery. And I updated my bios to 2.40. Now my BIOS clock runs at warp speed and takes my windows 7 clock  with it. Why? How do I fix this? I have heard something about a mobo jumper? Or do I need to to reset bios some how? I have tried to reset the clock in windows and BIOS. When I do in BIOS I click apply and it just takes off at lightspeed again.

hmmm.... try going to http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/

post there, it's a dedicated tech support site