A new Gaming Headset ? Or Headphones + an external mic?

Hey guys ! As you may or not be able to tell from the headline of this post , im looking for a new Headset or headphones for 150 bucks . But the question is : Wouldnt it be better to buy a nice pair of headphones and a stationary mic instead of a gaming headset ? Because in general the sound quality is better on headphones than on headsets . Leave your opinion in the comments , feel free to recommend headphones or headsets , and feel free to discuss with me !

(sorry for my bad Grammar , but im from Germany XD)

ATLEAST IM NOT TalkING LIKE ARNIE !

Get to the Feed.....

I would get a nice pair of headphones and nice, cheap mic, like a Blue Snowball or Blue Yeti. Try to find some V Moda M80s on sale, for about $100, and get a Blue Snowball with the other $50.

Thank you , but im curious why Gaming peripheral manufacturers are always using Cheaper speakers in their audio Products :P. I have another question : Is a sennheiser Headset an good option ?

Sennheiser makes some of the very best headphones out there, period (see Sennheiser HD 650s and HD800s). However, as with all companies, their cheaper products can't be as good as their top-of-the-line, $1400 HD 800s. Which particular headset?

The PC 350

If you can find it for $150, then it is the very best headset for the money. Normally, they go for $220ish, but even for that much, they are great cans. A good mic for what you're paying for, and if you want an all-in-one headset instead of the more cumbersome individual mic/headphones, the PC 350 is a great option.

Or the u 320

Definately get a pair of headphones and an external mic. You can get a good pair of headphones, then a throwaway stand alone mic for about $10. If you want good quality, you can get a Blue Snowball or something similar for around $50 and that will last you a while.

I am currently using these headphones: http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-PRO-250-ohms/dp/B0006NL5SM

I love them, they are built like a tank and have good audio quality as well.

Fun Fact . I have the dt770`s , but i use them for my Piano , and i dont like the sound quality that much :P

Hey Guys , i also found the Philips Fidelio L1 , is it any good ?