A little teaser of what is to come :)

https://www.ebay.com/p/AMD-Radeon-HD-6350-Ati-102-c09003-B-512mb-PCIe-X16-Video-Graphics-Card/1801553266

Found it :smiley:

3 Likes

I literally have a 5 gallon bucket of ATI X600’s.

Posted as I was doing the same search!

1 Like

Haha that’s amazing.

If you’re willing to ship one (card, not bucket) it would be appreciated, the more configurations I have available to test on the more reliable the application will become.

Not when you’re the one with the bucket!

I don’t know what to do with them all other than get PCIE extensions for ras pi’s or something and make them mine bitcoin till they all catch fire.

1 Like

Give them away as passthrough host GPU’s to Vega owners? :wink:

2 Likes

My hypothesis was correct.

1 Like

looks at that GPU

… thats the exact same GPU I have at work, which I just got from stores that closed down.

For the last 1.5 years I had to go off of VGA for my monitors at work.

…All I use are VGA… 1 monitor is DVI.

What x399 motherboard should I get to prepare for this? I’m very interested in setting this up and testing it. I’m having a hard time finding a straight answer as to what I need to have.

Because there is no straight answer at this time, Threadripper has problems with passthrough that need to be fixed which is one of the problems I intend to address with this hardware.

Thank you for your reply, I hope I did not come off negatively. I have very excited about this project.

What board are you intending to purchase to research this issue more?

How?

Everything on VGA is so blurry. Once I got over to digital everything is crisp and sharp.

1680X1050 makes text readable for me?

I’m on 1920 x 1080.

But we have out work stations on the floor set to 1024 x 768 because a critical piece of software (written in Java), has terrible icon scaling and the application is almost unusable at higher resolutions.

I encouraged wendell to start a gofund me before the NPT bug was fixed. Now that it’s fixed I’m glad to support a guy who helped fix that problem, and is working to fix more. It’s my pleasure.

1 Like

Not at all :slight_smile: I am just a matter of fact type person.

Level1Techs has kindly pledged a Gigabyte X399 AUROS Gaming 7

You might want to avoid DDR3 based cards and go with GDDR5 based cards for the host. That might improve memory copy performance between the VRAM buffers. It might be worth a scientific test to see the difference between DDR3 GPUs and GDDR5 GPUs.

Umm, not sure about that. DDR3 is capable of 6.4GB/s and up which is nearing the maximum theoretical throughput of 16x PCIe 3.0, which is well in excess of what we need.