Return to Level1Techs.com

A few tips for making healthy meals

Hey. I want to discuss the benefits of using a blender. For example, I use a blender when cooking soups. Sometimes, I mash, smoothies and various mixes, berry mixes. By the way, this well saves you from eating unhealthy high-calorie foods. Since it is possible to cook, this process is exciting and enjoyable. What do you guys think about this?

0 Likes

Do you blend whole meals, or just some healthy parts of it like vegetables and fruits?
How ripe/ fresh should they be? Like slightly under-ripe, or over ripe?

My folks had a blender as a kid, but I had a sweet tooth, so ruined the goodness of fruit blends with too much sugar :frowning:
But then again, as most of the nice juice cartons also have lots of sugar, I guess it’s not only me with a sweet tooth.

0 Likes

Oh, and I thought one tip was going to be like: spare the cheese, spoil the arteries or something

0 Likes

I’m not a huge blender fan. We had one, but all it did was encourage to eat 3 times as much fruit as normal. And while fruit is better than chocolate or such, it’s still a lot of sugar. Just eating the fruit as it is makes much more sense to me.
That and cleaning the damn thing was a nightmare.

0 Likes

I like it for home made salad dressing, I can use the much healthier olive oil instead of the 10W-40 found in pre-made. Plus I can experiment, and it’s a great way to get rid of those spices that have been on the shelf too long.

If I put soapy water, blend, clan water, blend and repeat once it cleans up nicely. Then I don’t have to look for the o-ring, I always seem to lose that when I dissemble to clean

2 Likes

lol

1 Like