A bit of advice

Hey everyone, I'm planning to build a PC this year, with a budget of around $2K. I just started to learn game design and will be using various AutoDesk(lots of Maya) and CS programs, as well as various game engines.

I'm really lost in terms of my pc specs as I am used to gaming specific parts, I have done research but that just made me more confused because people keep saying that a gaming graphics card will work as well as a professional graphics card. I am also unsure of the motherboard and cpu to get, I don't want to spend all that money only to have ivy bridge -e come out and have it blow my board out of the water. I also don't know how to take the rumors of a new chipset coming out later this year. 

Should I maybe just upgrade my current computer for now and save up a bit more until the end of the year?

I am currently running an asus 750a (M2N72-D to be specific) with a 4400+ and 4GBs of ram. It's not much which is why I plan to upgrade. 

Any advice will be helpful. 

-Fenrir

P.S. Yes I know Maya is more CPU intensive than GPU intensive which is why I planned on getting a X79 board.

-Thanks!

Here's the best I could do for $2000

EVGA GeForce GTX 680

Corsair Professional Series  AX 850 Watt

NZXT Crafted Series ATX Full Tower

Kingston HyperX 120GB

XIGMATEK Dark Knight II SD1283 Night Hawk Edition

Kingston HyperX Beast 32 GB Kit (4x8 GB) 2400MHz

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB

AMD FX-8350

Might I ask why you chose those partictular components? 

I want to thank you but I was more looking for advice than a build. I just want to know what is most effective template for my build. 

-Fenrir

Im going to assume you have a Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor so heres what i could do for 2000$ 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FLfY 

This will pretty eat up any kind of editing or rendering you need to do, there are some areas such as the memory that you could drop down a bit to save some money, but other than that this Rig should be Cool, Quiet, and Extremly fast.