A beginner seeking for help! 2000€ computer build (AMD)

Personally I do not like the e loop fans. Spec wise, all higher end fans are the same within +/- 5%

From Kitguru:

“Default voltage for manual tuning should start at around 1.3625V, according to AMD. Users should be fine pushing to 1.40V with a decent CPU cooler and up to 1.45V with a high-end dual-tower heatsink or dual-fan AIO radiator. At 1.45V, however, AMD suggests that processor longevity could be affected according to their models.”

Silicon Lottery Ryzen Overclock Statistics

Ryzen 7 1700
93% reach 3.8GHz @ 1.376V
70% reach 3.9GHz @ 1.408V
20% reach 4.0GHz @ 1.440V

If you plan to go above 1.4 volts, better have a high end tower cooler. And if you are going to pay that much, might as well go AIO.

Why don’t u like em?

I find the E loop fan design superior to the noctua’s. Wider blade design usually equals to lower sound output (and better “noise” as in deep pitch compared to high pitch) and more cfm, even at higher rpm value

Why? So you’re sure it’s less reliable?

1 Like

Personal preference.

Depends on many factors.

The amount of air moved per minute rises with higher revolutions per minute? Really? /s

1 Like

That is BS according to me. I’m running my 1700 at 1.3V at 3.8GHz prime stable on air.
Don’t bother with liquid cooling, buy a better board.

1 Like

Wow! Im amazed how well i got anwsers <3 I’m going to anwser to the ones that need to be anwsered.
@MazeFrame That build seems awesome :3 and i did like it best from all the three that i got
MazeFrames
Stconquest’s
Aremises
I appreciate your anwser too @stconquest ! I am planning to get a 2560 x 1440 gaming screen, and even tho i could save some money by going Ryzen 5 1600 im going to spend a bit more and get the 1700x right away…
I might change that 500 gb ssd to the MazeFrames build, just in case i start to play multiple games and need more space :smiley: And the price of the Gtx 1070 is 549 euros on the Jimms…

Alright before i anwser more to the comments, how can i ever choose which cooler to get when everyone says that this is good and that is bad :sweat_smile:
AND, i do not mind putting a little more money if liquid cooling is better than the normal cooling (Noticed that @FaunCB put this cooler to his build.
This pc is like a gift for my self for working hard, so i want to have a pc that i can be proud of when i look at it :3

Which bring me to a next question now that i have seen the basic coolers and what motherboard i was recommended in mazes build (x370 taichi). Are there any good led cooler fans that are actually good and not like 200 euros per fan, because i noticed that the x370 had a rbg fan support, if im not wrong?
But yeah, if there are some good ones just let me know, and if you strongly suggest water cooling, im down to that also…

And oh yeah, about overclocking! I’ve never overclocked, but i’ve researched and it seems fairly easy, if i decide to go with the 1700x i might overclock it a bit, but i think i don’t have to do crazy overclocks just because im pretty sure the 1700x serves me more than well. Now lets continue replying!

That is probably true, i won’t overclock like crazy, specially because im just going to play games, not edit or stream etc, not now and not in 3-5 years :smiley:
And atm im like 50 % supporting the air cooler, and 50% Water Cooling… :smiley: Both seems like a good choises, but what i understood is that water cooling costs a bit more? But like i said, that is not a problem, because atm the build is around 2000 euros and i can go a bit more.

@MisteryAngel Woah, you got many choises on your sleeve and i should pick one of those xP
Jk, but one thing that i forgot to mention before is that it would be extra if the motherboard would have a good build in wifi support, because i cannot get a cable into my computer. The wifi box is like 3 meters from the computer, so its not that far away. But still ^^
And what comes to the motherboards, only thing that i’d like it to be is good looking (rgb is plus from me :3 ) , support ryzen 1700x , and have a good built in wifi card. But x370 taichi does it all, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope that i covered most of the stuff, and might be confusing to read my text. I was confused myself too because there was so meny opinions :smiley:
I think it’s gonna help you too if i make a sum up of this

I don’t mind paying a bit more if i get a good (looking too? x.x ) water cooling, and i don’t need to worry about overheating
—>
If the overheat is just a stupid fear in my head and i can do fine without watercooling, i would like to get led coolers
IF it’s possible and my motherboard supports them
Because in the end, even tho my computer will be powerful, i’d like it to be good looking too :roll_eyes:

Just before i was about to post this long text hazard i noticed this

If that is the case, that i do not need liquid cooling for my needs and i could get a better board with the money that i would spend to the liquid cooling then sure, why not.

This is so messy, i hope you understand even half of this…

1 Like

I just noticed that jimms released information of the vega 64 cards! the prices are
Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited Edition gpu, 8GB HBM2 (769,00 €…)
Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooling gpu , 8GB HBM2 (899,00 €…)
That seems like expensive, doesn’t it…?

it is compared to US pricing, by quite a bit.

Yeah, it is nuts right now. In Germany caseking is the only big seller with products available and you can watch prices go up in real time.

That statistic from @Raziel indicates that the 1800X and 1700X are better for overclocking. (well, more efficient) I have no idea how those numbers are generated and to be honest therefor I would ignore them. The only real benefit with going one R7 over another is price.

Those prices are insane. Looks like a 30% markup, roughly. Even a $500 GTX 1070 seems ridiculous.

If you have never had an AIO liquid cooler, I can see the appeal. I did it on my very first build. That cooler is still running today, on another PC (seven years later).

Air cooling is just fine; can do a great job and is safe/reliable and cheap. The benefit to water is that it allows for greater efficiency in relation to voltage and stable clock. The colder your CPU is, the more clockspeed you will see at a certain voltage. Unless you are trying to push the absolute max 24/7 speed on the CPU, the difference between air and water is very little… for running games. Going to 2560x1440 will take some pressure off of the CPU as well.

If you want RGB lighting, fans ore okay… but if you want it to look really good, you will want to use strategically placed LED strips. Fan lighting is good to light the fan, not the case. Strips will showcase the build like fan lighting could not ever do.

As far as looks go, three companies push out high quality cases at the best prices: Phanteks, Fractal Design, and NZXT. Other companies like Corsair, Coolermaster, and Deepcool have some good quality cases, but you pay a little more for that quality than if you went with the first three companies. There are always outliers (Raijintek, Thermaltake, etc…) that have some good deals (good cases, good price) from time to time.

As far as the SSD, I recommended the 500GB SSD so you would not need a mass storage drive (1TB+). One fewer thing in the PC that generates heat. You can leave the big hard drive out of the build and if you ever need one, you can just add it in.

Yeah they are…
And thanks, now i think that i understood the difference :smiley: And probably will go with the Air cooling

Yeah i knew that i have to place LED strips also, and im actually pretty good with placing them. Just didn’t know what rgb fans are good/reliable.

What comes to the case, at first i thought Fractal Define r5 blackout edition was the best case, then i noticed that meshify C looks so good. Now i’ve searched for other cases than fractal, and noticed that NZXT makes cool looking cases also (for example).
But yeah, i have to keep researching before i make the order, who knows if i find better/ cooler looking case that fits my requirements ! :smiley:

Oh, i got it all wrong then… :smiley: Classic :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, it makes sense that i don’t need 2tb mass drive if i get 500 gb ssd , and i didn’t know that they generate alot of heat, but now i do! :smiley:

Thank you for helping me <3

1 Like

lol, it is not a LOT of heat… just less heat in the case without one, and less noise too. If you don’t need the storage, than the little extra heat/noise is unnecessary.

…and you are welcome, no problem at all; happy to help.

That is why we are here

The Asrock X370 Taichi is a very decent choice yes.
Interns of vrm implementations, the Taichi has pretty much the best vrm out there.
I dont know the exact specs of the wifi module that comes with the Taichi out of my head.
But i guess its probablly decent enough,
and if not, you could allways replace the module with something better.
For the rest the Asrock Taichi has everything you would need for a very reasonable price.

The Asus Crosshair 6 Extreme has a really great onboard wifi module.
However that board is really expensive.

before I had water cooling i was in teh same boat noenken is with stock cooler on 1700 … 3.8 1.285 v

Intel® 802.11ac WiFi according to asrocks website.

1 Like

Silicon Lottery sells certified overclocked chips. Those numbers are their binning statistics.

Do you read? I said efficiency curve.

Expecting everyone to reach that is unrealistic. When overclocking YMMV.

There’s no need to be rude, yes, I read your post. The 750w supply is perfectly adequate.

Rude is insinuating that I said the PSU was not enough, which clearly I didn’t.