A baudy Linux Hack: Hayes Modem modded to Linux Desktop (and modem time machine). | Level One Techs

Lol....30k responses in one day? The video views are barely 18k. This is going to be an interesting week.

that poll doesn't do justice to what @Wendell created.

I enjoyed the video a lot. I can see Wendell as a tech Historian along the lines of Jason Scott. I really can't wait to see what videos come out when Wendell and Jason start to collaborate.

1 Like

I voted for Wendell again.

Gunna see if we can make that comeback.

Even if this poll is meaningless, it's still cool to win.

Wish I could code... Would make a script toot sweet

Bryan has admitted defeat in his bribe video, so the winner is already known without the shadow of a doubt, the poll is just a social media boost platform at this point, which is genius, it's linked to the linux projects... winner is linux.

Oh, and congrats Wendell on winning (as Bryan admitted crushing defeat)!

6 Likes

This!

4 Likes

I could send you mine...it's programmed to vote for wendell. My goal is to try to equalize this maddness.

1 Like

Maybe we should start a old fashioned flame war on bryan, just for a week.
and include a sound file of modem noises in each message :-)

So this is war of the scripts....This is staring to look like the stock exchange...

Well, I tend to disagree but this is of course subjective. I personally don't see many relevant contributions from Lunduke, just noise. This competition as well as this week's Linux Unplugged are perfect illustrations. He's good at being loud and drawing attention, but that attention is mostly on him, not linux.

When Wendell described what he was planning to do I wasn't overly excited but I'm totally in love with the end result. It's given me a few ideas for uses for the Pi Zero (W).

No, no point in a witch hunt. Makes us look bad, when this is a decent community.
Least Wendell's votes won't have been by a script. A robot and some people wanting free shit skewed an anonymous online pole towards the obvious loser of the competition, what can you do.

I'd like a copy for educational purposes, if you don't mind.

1 Like

What if it was Lunduke behind that script? Or his zombie-went-cyborg puppet? Dun dun duuuun!

@Dazage Bindo is muh favorite jedi!

1 Like

I doubt Lunduke was behind it, or even if he was he's admitted defeat (love that phrasing).

Also Jolee Bindo is the Wendell of Star Wars.

1 Like

He said via twitter it's not him.

one person's noise is another person's music, kde vs gnome vs i3 you know, that's alright...

bottom line is, he gets kids on linux, how he does it, doesn't matter, like some started playing the guitar because they found expression in the imprecise character of the guitar, others started playing the guitar because they thought it would get them laid... the one system has given us Django Reinhardt, the other Eddy Van Halen...

The problem with those scripts, is that Twitter and other social media platforms, don't have the humor of the nerd, meaning sooner or later, shit is gonna hit the fan because of this. Nerds use tools made for morons because they are creative with nonsense, moronic systems are a source of intellectual fun when they are used against each other, like making Siri talk to Google Now. The problem is, the providers of those moronic tools don't like being confronted with the huge potential in craziness of their platforms, like the Bing twitter AI, they usually react in spite against any attempt to demonstrate that their platform needs improvement in order to be worthy of usage by humans. They don't subscribe to the gamification theory, they actually take their crap seriously, and are willing to snuff anyone who proves or even alleges otherwise.

Well I don't have Twitter, and I wasn't serious anyway. Just a joke.

1 Like

Not going to name any names, but ...

Now there's a conspiracy theory

1 Like