9800 gtx question

I have a 9800gtx. It runs really really well, i can run on high settings with 1680x1050 on all my games, i am really happy with it. But every once in awhile, the screen will just go blank, or grey, or something strange, this ussally happens in GRID or Crysis. Sound gets stuck in a loop and i have to reboot. Other times it will like FLIP, i am talking colors and shit all over the place, but than i can just hit the windows button, it goes to desktop eventually, than i can jump right back in like nothing ever happened. Is the card just like being worked too hard? I am just trying to figure out why its happening. It doesnt happen enough to be a problem, i am just curious.

Idk if it matters but here are my specs:

Intel C2Duo E8400

XFX 780i board

XFX 9800 gtx

SLI RAM

800 watt psu

I am just wondering why it does it, and if anyone else is having a similar issue.

Thanks in advance

Josh wrote 57 minutes ago ยป

I have a 9800gtx. It runs really really well, i can run on high settings with 1680x1050 on all my games, i am really happy with it. But every once in awhile, the screen will just go blank, or grey, or something strange, this ussally happens in GRID or Crysis. Sound gets stuck in a loop and i have to reboot. Other times it will like FLIP, i am talking colors and shit all over the place, but than i can just hit the windows button, it goes to desktop eventually, than i can jump right back in like nothing ever happened. Is the card just like being worked too hard? I am just trying to figure out why its happening. It doesnt happen enough to be a problem, i am just curious.

Idk if it matters but here are my specs:

Intel C2Duo E8400

XFX 780i board

XFX 9800 gtx

SLI RAM

800 watt psu

I am just wondering why it does it, and if anyone else is having a similar issue.

Thanks in advance

dude i have the same problem but i have a Q6600

You sir have exactly the same setup as me lol.. Even the SLi ram.

Well... Check that it dont get overheated. Set fanspeed up with evga precision.

Also:

When you have Evga Precision, reset the clock settings, there might be something wierd about them.

Fan speed.

100%

Do it.

Neh, you need it atleast 70-80% when playing Crysis.

Well i have Riva Tuner running, and it is saved at 100% for everytime i start it up. Its just really weird.

In Rivatuner, set your clock MHX to 100-200MHZ, and turn the fan off completely. Set Windows to monochrome and try and play a game then.

Should be all set then.

k, i will try that. Thanks alot

NO. DONT. I WAS TROLLING YOU.

SERIOUSLY DONT DO IT OMG. Well...it'd work and your GPU would be at like room temp, but you couldn't even open a video.

I have the same issue every now and then. I get a random black screen, then sometimes after about 5 seconds, it turns back on. OTHER TIMES, it just dies. Anywhoo, mines on a 9800 GTX+ (notice the +), E8400, Gigabyte EP45-DS3R motherboard, 4 Gigs of Gskill PC6400 ram, in a nicely cooled Tempest. I think the card just overheats or something.

hahahaha lucky for you i am being lazy right now, so i havent done anything. But chicken that was what i was thinking, i think that it just like gets pushed to hard and stops working. Happens really rarely to me

I don't know. It usually happens during the weekends when I keep my computer on all day. Usually around 8 hours after boot up at 35% fan speed, I get that. But yeah, I keep my fan at around 45% ish now, and I haven't had any issues for a while.

For the record. My OC on my card is at..

820MHz/2000MHz/1250MHz(2500MHz DDR)

35% is a little low, mine is 56C when 35% ( I tihnk 45% may be a little low too)

Whenever I play games I put fan to 80% (Heavy games, not games like css or tf2)

Really? Mine idles at 39 degrees C and at load it only goes to 60 degrees C.

i have my computer running 24/7 stable but i have the 9800gt not the gtx i have fan set to 50% idle it get a max of 38 C crysis about 50C and its single slot