965 Black or FX-6300?

I was thinking about going with the FX-6300 or the Phenom II 965 Black.

If the build is going to work just as well i would like to spend less and the the 965 but if there will be any problems with bottlenecking the GPU then I will go with another cpu.

Here is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BQtK

and here is the same build with the 965 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BQHx

I will be overclocking but not very much. 

If there is another card that better suits my needs that is under the 130$ price please tell me 

Well you could buy my 970BE + M5A99X EVO I posted here... for about the same price.
Oh, warranty is transferable and not a year in yet..

i dont really have money right now i just thinking for in the future.

FX-6300

FX-4300 is about comparable to a 965

although realistically you wont see much difference since most games wont use more than 4 cores

The 4300 is about 25-30$ more than the 965 so im thinking that the 965 is the cpu I should go with. Does anyone else have any input on the matter? 

The 965 will be a bottleneck. Go with the FX-6300.

the 965 wont be a bottleneck if the FX-6300 wont seeing as how many games dont use more than 4 cores

I don't know about that. My Phenom II bottlenecked my two 6850s in crossfire on my old build, but that could be because I was using more than one card. The performance of the two cards was still more than a single GTX 580 though. Not to mention that the FX-6300 has better single core performance than the old Phenom II's. 

you must not know how to overclock a cpu then

thr this one http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1724262&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=8BacdVP0GFs-y1F_p3jNJmaaAeNX3toiww its a beast easy oc ive had one in my wifes rig for yrears still running strong and you cant beat that price

I all depends on what you are doing. If you do alot of multi tasking and redering and just want a better experience grab a FX 6300 but  if you are tight up for cash and want a good cpu for about 84 bucks then grab a BE 965.

Also don't get a GTX 660 get a 7850 and if you can offord it grab a 7870 XT (7930) It is better than a 660 TI or the same and in most games and it can crossfire with a 7950.

If you want you can can grab a 7770 and get a AMD 8350 if you want a really good cpu and when you get the money grab a better card. And sell that one for 70 or so.

I did overclock it, you fucktard.

Let's put it this way, if you want to waste your money on old technology, then by all means buy a Phenom II. If you want a rig that's going to last, then invest some more cash into it.

8/10 would choke on my cpookies and cream chocolate again.

Lol, you amuse me, good sir.

You must mean "Pay more to get exactly the same results for the next 2 years"

965, when OCed with good RAM won't bottleneck single GPUs.

And you don't need more than 1 GPU to run resolutions under 1920x1080@60.

Considering the OP need help deciding if the money SAVED is worth it, he probably won't run multi-displays or multi-GPUs.

Go with the 965, and if you can, get a better MOBO. That way, you can keep the MOBO and upgrade your CPU in the next few years. Who knows, maybe 8350s are not the best AMD can push out in 2013...

"And you don't need more than 1 GPU to run resolutions under 1920x1080@60."

So you're saying that any card on the market can run games at full settings at 1920x1080 at 60fps? It depends on which cards you're running. Two mid-range cards are often, if not always, more powerful than a single high end card, and a lot of the time it ends up being cheaper too.

All I'm saying is that it has been widely accepted for quite some time that Phenom II's are going to bottleneck a high end GPU or a crossfire/sli configuration. Phenom II's are around the same performance as a Core 2 Quad. Let it go already.

Have you even tried it?

My last setup was the one posted above (970+99X). Never managed to bottleneck a 570 and YES, I was playing EVERY game at full/ultra/extreme, even Crysis 3.

Everyone throw "bottleneck" around like it was the demon and THE thing that you must avoid.

Tell me, if my games run at max settings at 98 fps, because my CPU prevents my GPU from going any higher, why should I care?

So you're saying that any card on the market can run games at full settings at 1920x1080 at 60fps? It depends on which cards you're running. Two mid-range cards are often, if not always, more powerful than a single high end card, and a lot of the time it ends up being cheaper too.

the vast majority of the time yes they can and, the part about 2 mid range cards is completely false and its more common to hear the opposite

"All I'm saying is that it has been widely accepted for quite some time that Phenom II's are going to bottleneck a high end GPU or a crossfire/sli configuration. Phenom II's are around the same performance as a Core 2 Quad. Let it go already."

also false

C2Qs arent even as powerful as some of the higher end first gen Phenoms, which acrually werent all that bad, just came too late