'90s Rap

Post your favorite tracks from the 'golden age' of Rhythm & Poetry

My current favorites include:

Want to talk about anything and everything? PM me :D...

Man do we got a thread for you. https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/rap-hip-hop-some-of-the-best-music/34932

I've looked through it, alot of the links are broken (or just not formatted properly...)

Plus it was abandoned, so yeah :)

Thanks tho

Never abandoned, just dormant. The broken link are from before the change over.

we have threads on this. but a new one doesn't hurt. the other one died already..

Tragedy Khadafi Feat. N.O.R.E, and Nas - Calm Down

Big Pun - Beware

Wu-Tang Clan - Triumph

Capone-n-Noreaga - Blood Money

Fat Joe Feat. Nas, Big Pun, Jadakiss & Raekwon - John Blaze

1 Like

I really miss Pun and the old Fat Joe..

Ever since Pun passed Joe was trying to be like fucking Pitbull...

I miss that Joe

The problem with a lot of old school gangster rappers is that they've grown up.

think of it like this Jay-Z without question was a gangster rapper early in his career. he'd look ultra stupid today if he was still rapping about that stuff knowing he has a family and company. the same goes for Mobb Deep, CNN, Fat Joe, Pun (if he were still alive)

1 Like

But would he... look at Warren G, he's still rapping kinda gangster...

Believe me, even Jay-z could still pull it off, rapping about his past or about his current struggles. it's possible

it's possible. but it's will be stupid. for a few reasons. we the listeners aren't going to believe them.

If Mobb Deep or NORE were still rapping about shooting people today i wouldn't believe them, one because they are already in their 30s and 40s to be still be actin' wild in the street. and two because if they were seriously living that life today. they would be in jail or dead. especially in this day in age with police brutality

a prime example is Bobby Shmurda. was actually living that life.. where is he now? jail. and he was an idiot. because he snitched on himself on the "Hot Nigga" single. by saying the most memorable line in that song. "Mitch caught a body bout a week ago".

True, true...

Fucking Bobby Shmurda, he's probably a hot boy in prison right now, all them dudes want a piece of that sweet young Bobby xD

actually he's been on the news as of late but not for getting raped. but for stabbing people and trying to defend himself in jail.

Haha wow...

I guess he had his 15 minutes of fame...

Any thoughts on Scarface and what he's been putting out lately?

He's still going. He's been in a weird state lately. he's put out a few "Conscious" records as of late. the most recent being a month ago.

He still got a strong message imo

But ever since his weight(surgery) loss his voice isn't the same anymore...

Man his old stuff was so strong and thoughtful

I wasn't all that much into southern rappers. though i do like scarface. I enjoy a lot of New York hip-hop. or at least what used to be New York Hip-hop. you're not going to find that "Old-School" sound in new-school hip-hop anymore. there sound is dead.

but that doesn't mean there isn't good rap anymore. you just have to find it, you're not going to find it in mainstream hip-hop. the only one that's worth listening to is Kendrick Lamar. he's a bit different in my opinion..

(yeah CES CRU sampled chrono trigger)

Exactly this, I also liked Outkast... (they are also southern)

K. Dot is also pretty good, don't really like his stuff right now, I did really like the 'Good Kid, M.A.A.D City' album.

Also MC Eiht:

A Little Tribe....

1 Like

Some more gold:

1 Like