8350 or wait until haswell

Hello,

I am considering buying an AMD FX 8350, but with Haswell coming in June, I was not sure if I should hold off until it releases or more specs are leaked.

All thoughts are appreciated.   

What CPU do you have atm?

Haswell is supposed to Overclock a lot Better than Ivy bridge, and be 10-15% faster at comparable clocks so it should be a good investment vs a 8350

Because the 8350 is within reach and it's so far the best performer around right now, just get what you can buy currently. Don't try to hold off unless you want to wait for the next 5 months, which it'll be more than a while.

amd steamroller 8 core cpu will be 10-15% faster than than the fx 8350 and the steamroller fx cpu's will overclock better.

if you go am3+ now you can get a fx8350 and in a year when hasell comes out so will the next gen a amd cpu's for the am3+ socket.

This is true. If you wait until haswell comes out you'll just be sitting around not enjoying a new computer which you could do with an 8350. On top of that still viable upgradability for Steamroller on AM3+.

If I wait until haswell comes out, I will have much more money for a mobo and cpu though.  Is steamroller going to be better than Haswell?  Haswell is only supposed to use around 30 watts under load.

I have a 500 dollar dell laptop that gets 5 fps on minecraft....

It looks like the i5's and i7's will run at 85 tdp and the server cpu's will run at 84-100w

Haswell is still at 22nm so the transistor count won't be going. up.

and from what i read intel is looking at a 10% boost in performance. but not pure ipc.

Only the mobile laptop/tablet versions will be 30W TDP. You WONT be getting a desktop version with the same performance out of that little of a power envelope.

I WAS GOING THROUGH SAME THING IN MY HEAD !

THEN I THOUGHT HASWELL WILL HAVE A HIGER PRICE + 5 MONTHS MORE -.- 

SO THATS WHY I JUST BUYES A  FX 8350 :)

AND I AM HAPPY AS FUCK

THINK ABOUT IT

IF U CAN WAIT AND CAN USE USE LAPTOP FOR MORE 5 MONTHS THEN GO FOR HASEWELL OR JUST GO FOR 8350 

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT HIM??

CAUSE ACCIDENTLY MY CAPSLOCK KEY WAS ON NOT MY FAULT

BUT I AM YELLING AT U :x

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCVHpnixj88

ME NEITHER ! 

CAPS ONLY MEANs EXTREME EMPHASIS ITS THE EXCLAIMATION POINT THAT MAKES IT YELLING!