8350 motherboard

So Im getting an 8350 and cannot decide which motherboard to get. I've been looking at the GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 and the ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0. They both seem like good enough boards for gaming and overclocking in my price range but I wanted to know what you guys think I should get. Other sugestions are welcome as well. 

the GB has a better power phase design, but i personaly prefer Asus 990FX chipset boards, over GB boards. Asus M5A99FX pro r2.0 is a great board for oc, logan did an oc on the 8350 to 5ghz on it.. GB board has a better power phase, but some boards can have a nerved bios..

thank you, looks like I'll probably be gettign the asus. 

I have the GB board and like it a lot, have my 8350 @4.6ghz with it. However, I've never used the Asus, and like the other poster said, possibly better bios on the Asus? I don't find anything wrong on the GB bios, but I'm not an expert.

If your going to go all out and buy AMDs flagship most powerfull cpu in my opinion dont cheat yourself and buy a ok motherboard.

If you what overclocking and gameing these are great mobos 

ASRock 990FX Extreme9 12+2 power phase (for how cheap this mobo is and all if offers its a no brainer+ massive overclocking room with a 12+2 power phase)

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  8 + 2 phase power (expencive as all asus stuff is)

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5  8+2 phase  (solid mobo reasonable overclocking)

MSI 990FXA-GD80 8+2 phase (nice mobo cheaper cost)

Gigabyte UD-3; Gigabyte makes some of the best boards out there, especially for the money. The higher-end AsRock boards are fantastic, but end up being more expensive than even the Asus ROG boards, which are better in pretty much all aspects, especially for OCing. The power phase of the AsRock boards may be "larger," but the VRM is also important, and ROG boards/Asus boards in general have better VRMs, in general. Stay away from MSI 990fx boards.

Gigabyte board. I have it myself and it's absolutely an amazing board. The power phase on it is extremely strong and hardy, which is what you want when it comes to an 8350. The are power suckers, trust me. It's a gerat OC board, and the bios is NOT nerfed at all. It's simply a matter of how to use it. There's a lot of idiots who are writing reviews saying the bios is locked when they simply have no idea how to use it because they are not putting any time in to it. Color scheme is also great, and the features on it are plentiful. I love the layout of the board.

i still prefer Asus  over GB in everyway, cause of my own experiance with gb boards in the past, and i readed manny manny problems with especialy the UD5.and i also experianced that my self.

My opinnions. 

1 Asus Rog board

2 Asrock 990FX extreme 9

3 Asus sabbertooth

4 Asus M5A99FX pro 2.0  Eaven wenn this board has only a 6+2 digital powerphase.

5 Gigabyte GA-990FXA-ud3.

I still put a GB board in my list, cause, not everyboard will have those issues with the bios..cause like i said the problems i readed where especialy  on the UD5.

I don't like my 990fxa-ud3, I'm on the second one because the first one decided it would stop reading the keyboard properly and remapped the keys and more then half of em just didnt do anything. It takes about 15 seconds to get to the windows boot cycle, the North Bridge runs at +/-60c idle. +1 to MisteryAngel's list.

yes i know overheating northbridge chip is also  an well known issue, also on the 970A ud3..

Might actually get the  Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5, I kinda want to get the Asrock Extreme9 but it isnt in stock on amazon right now.

I too am looking at AM3 Mobo's, can anyone present an argument for sabertooth r2.0 vs asrock 990FX extreme9? both look like quite good boards, and I was looking at the sabertooth but the extreme9 has caught my eye.

Both are great boards yes, The Asrock extreme 9 is theire top of the line mobo, has a 12+2 power phase and gold plated sollid capacitors. that sounds like realy quality..

The Sabbertooth is also great, but it has a 8+2 power phase..

The Extreme9 is a really nice mobo for the money too. Someone was able to get their 8350 upto 8.5Ghz on it

http://www.overclock.net/t/1344276/am3-still-developing-asrock-990fx-extreme9-on-the-horizon

First I will say I am pretty new here so I am not sure if there are rules about posting in old threads.  I currently am in a similar situation.  I have had a gigabyte 990fx ud3 for a year plus now.  First it had a 6100 in it and now it has an 8350.  Ive never got even a stable 100mhz overclock out of it.  On Hardware Monitor my tmpin0 tmpin1 and tmpin2 read as high as 100 plus celcius.  My northbridge gets ridiculously hot.  I probably got a bad board but didnt know what to look for and am always learning.  Anyways I also am looking for a new board to house my 8350.  I was drawn to the Asus M5A99fx.

overheating and nerved biosses are well known issues on GB boards, you are not special, i readed manny of the same problems, about those boards, you can try to update the bios, but GB come every month with a new one.. they still havent the problem in control.

Asus M5A99FX pro r2.0 is a great board, eaven it has only a 6+2 digi power phase design, but logan dit a stable oc on the FX8350 at 5 GHZ on it witout any issues.

also the Sabbertooth 990FX R2.0 is a great choice with 8+2 power phase a bit better on oc.

Asrock 990FX extreme9 is also a very nice board. for sale arround 160 dollars or so , not the cheapest board, but with 12+2 power phase a realy great one.. top of the line board from Asrock, realy competive to the Asus ROG board. i guess.

so yeah again my list of boards.

1 Asus Rog

2 Asrock 990FX Extreme 9

3 Asus Sabbertooth 990fx r2.0

4 Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0

if i may advice you the Asus Sabbertooth  or the Asrock Extreme 9. if you can afford those, otherwise the 99FX pro R2.0 is also a good option..

Grtz Angel ☺

overheating and nerved biosses are well known issues on GB boards, you are not special, i readed manny of the same problems, about those boards, you can try to update the bios, but GB come every month with a new one.. they still havent the problem in control.

Asus M5A99FX pro r2.0 is a great board, eaven it has only a 6+2 digi power phase design, but logan dit a stable oc on the FX8350 at 5 GHZ on it witout any issues.

also the Sabbertooth 990FX R2.0 is a great choice with 8+2 power phase a bit better on oc.

Asrock 990FX extreme9 is also a very nice board. for sale arround 160 dollars or so , not the cheapest board, but with 12+2 power phase a realy great one.. top of the line board from Asrock, realy competive to the Asus ROG board. i guess.

so yeah again my list of boards.

1 Asus Rog

2 Asrock 990FX Extreme 9

3 Asus Sabbertooth 990fx r2.0

4 Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0

if i may advice you the Asus Sabbertooth  or the Asrock Extreme 9. if you can afford those, otherwise the 99FX pro R2.0 is also a good option..

Grtz Angel ☺