8 bit color vs 10 bit color in monitor

basically

its depth of the color, and amount of different colors. if you walk over to HDR monitors in shops you will see difference.

Look for my reply maybe u find out why...

Honestly there is mostly marketing bullshit out in the wild when it comes to HDR. Right now there are no open standards set (or let's say established) and any comparison is pointless because SDR and HDR content mastering is so different. One of the very few fair comparisons would be to have two identical systems or consoles running the same game on same size panels, one HDR one SDR and both optimised as much as possible and being matched for brightness and black levels. I think Linus had a video on that and the differences were ... marginal at best.

I still hope HDR will take off and be widely adopted but so far ..... don't bother.

1 Like

Ok i looked at specsheet of that LG, basicaly its not 10bit. Its 8bit with color interpolation (RFC) so driving it will not need pro gpus.

@noenken @Havran666 @mihawk90 @anon25377527 @anon5205053 I decided to go with what those guys said after looking at some reviews and doing some research

Thanks for all the help guys

2 Likes

Oh wow, at first I thought "how the fuck is it so expensive?" but that looks like a nice kit actually. Haven't seen that here in Germany.

I just calculated if you buy the monitors in single units and buy an arm separate, I can save $I50 USD haha. So I guess that would be better

Actually I think it is pretty much the same price.

Nah $156 cheaper

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s591/sh/80462b8e-c962-49f9-89a8-994fad827ca4/253e9a16f213902daf586a4925d1f479

You'll find plenty of educational material as well as in-depth reviews here, at TFT Central..

1 Like

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out

Not the same arm.

Well duh, I don't need an expensive mount like that lol

You don't want a cheap mount either trust me, I have one and it sucks balls. It's not an arm mount, but a wall mount. Thing is though my mount can't even hold a monitor that's only a fraction of the supposed supported weight.

Also a mount you pretty much buy once in a lifetime so don't cheap out on it, you can use it over and over again.

3 Likes

is this 10bit / hdr?

seems like a typical 27" 1440p.

It is but it is a good one.

It's just a 1440p 27" IPS monitor

Maybe in the future I'll pick it up, but for now I would probably just use the monitors on the default stand they come with

2 Likes

quite expensive for just 1440p 27" IPS.

how about this one

or

there's also 27" asus with ips panel

or much better quality

1 Like

I thought computers used 32bit color? I thought it went like 16 , 256 , 24bit , 32bit or somthing like that with 256 being 8 bit