780Ti by Gigabyte DVI problem

Hi guys,

I have tried to find some posts concerning this issue, posted on Gigabyte forums and tried to get help from that horrible company and unfortunately nothing seems to work. Please if someone had encountered this issue, do write about it / or maybe even a solution...

Card is GV-N78TOC-3GD - an OC version of 780Ti with Windforce cooling unit. Now I know why this card was much cheaper then Radeon 290X and other 780Ti cards:

The problem: whenever GPU gets a heavier load - range from about 40-60%, a screen connected to DVI gets "turned off and on again" as if the resolution was being changed - from [email protected] to 1920x1200@60Hz.
 Earlier on I had Radeon cards and did not even know, that there are some problems with 60Hz refresh rate on 1920x1200 resolution, but having read several threads on forums, I tried to create a "custom" resolution in nVidia control panel [email protected]. Unfortunately still when GPU has something heavier to process - it 'switches' resolution - from 1920x1200@60Hz to 1920x1200@60Hz.

It's not that bad while CUDA computations are considered or even when I do something in Photoshop and such behavior occurs, the worse thing is when it appears in games...

For example in KSP it can switch several times - when in orbit view mode and going back to the ship view, in Titanfall - after the match is over it switches resolution and when another one starts, it randomly blinks again...

It does not look as an artefact, I just have no idea what it could be...

I do have two screens connected to this card: primary NEC 2690WUXi - via DVI and secondary HP ZR24w via DisplayPort. DP output does not have such an issue... only DVI.

I would be most grateful for any help with this issue.

And as for Gigabyte - I just have to say it - with Lenovo - those are two worse hardware companies I have ever encountered... Absolutely no contact with support except for their "eSupport" portal, where one might get a stupid answer more then a week after asking a question. Had a problem with flashing to a F3 BIOS which I had hoped would fix the DVI thing, I found that recommended by manufacturer program VGA@BIOS (poor graphical overlay on NVflasher) tried to flash EEPROM of... i7's integrated graphics... and the response of tech support (mind I remind - after one week) was "probably you downloaded wrong bios for your card".

yeaaah this is why I avoid all gigabyte products like they are the plague. I can't think of any fix for this other than a new bios or RMA. although someone else with more experience than me can probably give an answer.