780I vs P45

Hey guys i got an asus striker formula 780i mobo and an asus maximus formula p45 chipset on which mobo will my q6700 oc better on?Thanks in advance :D

What video card are u using? Do you plan on using SLI or Crossfire?

you mean Q6600? im using a Q66 and a 780i FTW and I have gotten to 3.8GHZ on air idling below 40c so I would recommend the 780i

I've gotten my Q9400 to 3.8ghz idling below 30C on air so P45 is pretty dope, but they're both good for OCing.

ultracombo wrote 1 hour ago »

I've gotten my Q9400 to 3.8ghz idling below 30C on air so P45 is pretty dope, but they're both good for OCing.

O wow, why would you fucking lie lol thats pretty much impossible on a V8, those coolers arnt even that good. If anyone belives that there dumb, unless you show me pics of it idling below 30c at 3.8 lol

Hmmmm..

30 c idle.. It is a 45nm after all, but yeah still a bit low temps for that clock..

RIGHT now my board is a bit sucky (or it's the cooler, cba to check it up)37c idle @ 3.8ghz lol e8400.. Used to idle it in 27C

780i

P45 is low tier compared to the 780i

P45 is the best in terms of stability for overclocking, my friend got his Q6600 to 4.0 GHZ on it stable, and like 45 idle i think but not sure on exact temps

HumorusPrawn wrote 5 hours ago »

O wow, why would you fucking lie lol thats pretty much impossible on a V8, those coolers arnt even that good. If anyone belives that there dumb, unless you show me pics of it idling below 30c at 3.8 lol

What's so impossible? No matter where I'm clocked my idle temps are always below 30C, it's my load temps that go up when I clock higher. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

How do you knwo that the V8 isn't a good cooler? You ever had one?

ultracombo wrote 20 minutes ago »

What's so impossible? No matter where I'm clocked my idle temps are always below 30C, it's my load temps that go up when I clock higher. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

>posting pictures tomorrow

Just a reason to forget about (Pictures will never be posted)

HumorusPrawn wrote 1 minute ago »

ultracombo wrote 20 minutes ago »

>posting pictures tomorrow

Just a reason to forget about (Pictures will never be posted)

lol, so true

i have a 295 so it pretty much bottlenecks like FUUUCK so i need as much oc as i can get :)

Id say P45.

I would say P45 as well.

Let me reiterate myself.

P45 is small time.

780i is high tier.

P45 kills 780i at overclocking..

Oooor you could get a x48 which kills p45 in overclocking ^^

p45 is a more all around mobo, can use better RAM, CPUs and overclock like a beast. The 780i on the other hand is all about the GPU performance. If you were to go SLi, you would have x16/x16 lanes, (not sure if the third lane on the 780i is x8, but how many people actually have the money for tri-SLi?) while p45 mobos are off the bat x16/x8 (and if there's a third lane, that's also x8) in Crossfire.

But since you're trying to overclock better, I believe that p45 would be better. I forgot the specs on the strikers.. Can you link me to the exact ones you have?

well i have a Q6600 on a XFX 780i and have gotten it to 3.4Ghz and i havnt had any problems with the 780i ae and i dont know enough about the p45 to say anything ae but looks like the 780i is getting some good feedback bro i think you have your answer!!!

@ Humorus Prawn dude dont troll