760K + 380 Nitro on 430W

I can't imagine that the feature sets between the 285 and 380 were drastically different. I'm not even sure if anything was updated.

But, purely from a price-performance ratio aspect, yeah, it is not worth the extra $80.

With the 15.7 drivers, I do believe FRTC has been extended to all of the R9 200-range GPUs. Tonga may have had it beforehand, because it also got VSR first, but that is a moot point.

for me personally i'd opt for the 380 cause 4gb vs 2gb however for most users i'd suggest the oposite. really depends on how high you want your graphics turned up and how long you want to keep it.

P.S.
There's more boneheaded people than you that come into hardware help don't sweat it, it's not a problem.

1 Like

Not really... 270 and 270X don't have it... And guess what I'm running...

I may need help translating the meanings of the word boneheaded. If it means what I think it means, I'm not at all... I'm just freaking indecisive and I want conformation, that what I am thinking is correct, before spending 3 months of savings... Or I may just be wrong about the meaning...

Are you using 15.7, or 15.7.1 drivers? AMD specifies on their website that they should work for those GPUs.

I'm still on 14,10 omega from last year...
They are amazingly stable and so far I haven't changed them...
I heard, that the new omega, 15.something is aimed at Win10 and DX12 and I haven't updated it...
May be I should...

Calm down buddy i was just saying that other people on hardware help can be and you aren't.
English isn't your first language?

I do believe you're right, which is why they release two driver updates almost back-to-back.

Also, 15.7 added some of the features which were specific to Tonga (VSR, mainly). I'm giving 15.7.1 a try now, because 15.7 gave me this weird issue with Firefox where videos would randomly black-out. Turning off Hardware Acceleration in the options made it go away. (I use Windows 7.)

No... It's actually my 3-th... I am Bulgarian, learned 8 years German and i know English from whatever... Movies, music, PC, Internet, working in Scotland for 4 months...

See, this is why i don't want to move from my 14,10 or whatever Omega... Because i have abused the hell out of them and they are stable as f*ck...
Oh well... I can always roll back...
My main idea was to go for freesync monitor down the line... But the prices are Holly Cow.... So i may stick with standard monitor for now with frtc. For some inexplicable reason, Vsync is going from 47-48 to 61-62fps, and i don't know why... Maybe the prices will go down, after all, it's just a freaking high refresh rate TN panel with DP1,2a...
PS: And i found it...
AOC G2260VWQ6 for 185$... 22" 1080p 75Hz...

1 Like