$750 PC/$950 Rig - It's Finally Happening

I play a bunch of FPSs, mainly TF2(I've got over 2K hours), with a 10 dollar mouse at a 1200DPi(max 1600) setting.  If you want to look at em, the link's in this comment.  I've found another guy(online) who also uses this exact same mouse, and likes them too.  I have a lot of friends that have purchased gaming mice from this brand.  Their stuff isn't bad at all.

http://www.amazon.com/E-3lue-E-Blue-1600DPI-Precision-Gaming-Bigger/dp/B00C3LVYEU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1384835646&sr=8-4&keywords=e-3lue

You can find 1.7k+ reviews on a cheaper, sister version($8 on amazon), although I find the side buttons on that mouse to be a bit soft for my taste on that one.

If you like the peripherals you chose, go ahead!  I'm stating my own opinion and just advising you in places where things may go wrong, or where you may not get the most for your money.

I feel your pain.

Until a year ago, I've been gaming on a Sandy Bridge i5 2410M,.  A laptop.  With Intel's HD 3000 graphics.

Pretty fun playing all your games at around 13fps, at the lowest settings available without modding, huh?

As much as everyone hates the waiting game, when you feel that a bargain is sitting right in front of you, you need it, and you can afford it, take it!  For instance, the computer I have now has discounts on almost every part, if not all parts.

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22gza

I purchased everything except for the GPU, SSD, and AIO.  I picked it up for around $580 before mail in rebates.  My RAM, HDD, and Case all were on sale or had a Newegg weekend deal.  My motherboard had a mail in rebate, and a 4GB RAM stick I sold for twenty bucks.  My PSU had another mail in rebate.  After all the mail in rebates, my total was around $540.  And I don't have a microcenter near me for my i5.

I just purchased my SSD, GPU, and AIO last week.  SSD? $75, from a little ad Logan posted in the SSD/HDD sections right in this forum.  GPU?  All time low of around $210 before a mail in rebate($20 MIR, I think).  I picked it up in the morning, and 4 hours later, Newegg ran out of stock.  Liquid cooling system was $55, with a ten dollar mail in rebate.  Total for just the tower?  $870 shipped.

Peripherals.  Even here is where I go super cheap mode.

Used monitor from a friend: LG Flatron E2250V 1920x1080 LED monitor.  $40.  Mouse: E-3lue EMS212.  $8.  Keyboard: Razer Deathadder 2013, from a lovely TekSyndicate forum member.  $70.  I have a Creative D200 speaker as a gift from my father(used to work at Creative).  I also have my Apple EarPods if needed.

Total for this little rig of mine was under 1K.  I'd say not bad, considering Intel.  Research the prices when you're about to buy, and snatch up deals as they come and go.

Downgraded my Graphics Card (which is the card I was going to get before I upgraded to the 7950) Evidently, the improvement of 2X MSAA + FXAA is almost negligable. Also, there was a video that JayzTwoCents posted on the MSI R9 270 which can get 60+ FPS on the High preset on the more stressful maps (rather surprising), which is really what I was going for in the first place. Considering that BF4 is probably the most GPU demanding game and it gets 60+ frames on a mid-range card on High, I think I was going a bit overkill with the 7950. The motherboard stays...somewhat. The 990FX chipset stays, but Gigabyte has the cheapest 990FX motherboard, and, HUUUUGE COINCIDENCE is a motherboard featured on that Microcenter bundle deal. http://www.microcenter.com/product/366425/GA-990FXA-UD3_Socket_AM3_990FX_ATX_AMD_Motherboard

There's only 2 left so if that happens, ASUS M5A99FX is also a bundle, apparently...I should probably pay more attention to all the deals.

The whole rig costs $945...again.

I prefer the ASUS M5A99FX as the VRMs are digital and are a lot better, but if that's too expensive for you, the Gigabyte one should work decently, as well.  I think that Gigabyte board has 8+2 power phases, but analog(compared to 6+2 digital for Asus)