700-800 Euro First Time PC

Hey,

A steamfriend I've known for a long time agreed to help me on setting up a PC build for me, within my budget (he recently built a pc with his friend so that's why I asked him to help me). Knowing that you guys are wizards in this field, I'd like to ask you for confirmation of his selected parts :)

I'll answer the question list first so you know what I'm looking for:

• Budget:
  • 700 to 800 euros, maybe slightly more.
  • Where do you live:
  • The Netherlands in the city The Hague, where we use the euro. I don't mind ordering from the Amazon site of the United Kingdom, pounds are close in value to the euro.
  • Is there a retailer you prefer?
  • Amazon.co.uk, (.nl redirects to .co.uk), Media Markt, Saturn (I believe we have that).
  • Do you need or already have peripherals?
  • I have a power socket box to plug all the machines into, I have a monitor, a mouse, a keyboard, and headphones, so I think I'm set. with peripherals.
  • What will you be using your future computer for?
  • Gaming a LOT and internetting a LOT.
  • Do you overclock or want to get into overclocking?
  • No thanks.
  • Do you plan on going for custom watercooling now, or in the future?
  • No thanks.
  • OS. Do you need a new one?
  • Windows 7 is what I currently use and would like to keep using. However I bought my current PC with Windows 7 installed so I can't re-use it for the new PC.
  • Do you plan on Mining BTC either for yourself or Tek Syndicate?
  • If I knew how and knew it'd really help the site out I'd do it if I could. I don't know if it'd require me to get additional parts or anything.

If you Game-

• What kind of settings do you like or what FPS do you want to play at?
  • Currently I play stuff as low as is possible, and then increase things slightly to make it look better while not sacrificing my already shitty framerate. I'd like to not do this on my new PC, so high graphics settings and a good framerate is the goal.
  • What resolution will you be playing at?
  • Fullscreen (unless I'm youtubing at the same time). I think my monitor is 1280x1024. I'll confirm this in Magicka after I've finished this post.
  • What kind of games do you like to play?
  • TF2, Total War series (has been slow for me for the games released after Medieval II), Black Ops II (I like being ironic), Dark Souls (II when it comes out in May 2014), Counter Strike:GO, GTA IV (also has been incredibly low framerate and reaction time and shitty resolution) and maybe Skyrim if it can finally run high settings.
  • What specific game will you be playing (if applicable)?
  • See above.

Other Notes:

• Please submit a PcPartpicker list as it's really easy to configure and edit. (you may have to change the URL to your region.)
  • If you can't or don't want to use PcPartpicker, just keep the format clean and organized.

Now for the list my friend set up, I organised it like this:

Component : Part : Notes : Price in British pounds

• CPU : i5-3570 : 3.4GHz Quad Core, socket 1155 : £162.50

• Graphics card : Gigabyte GTX 660 : 2GB GDDR5 RAM : £152.94

• RAM : Patriot 2x4GB kit : 1866MHz : £45.01

• Motherboard : Asus P8Z68-V : Socket 1155, USB 3, SATA 3 : £76.35

• Case : Coolermaster Elite 334U : Should be wide enough for the cooler : £35.09

• Power Supply : Corsair CXM 500W : Modular : £51.09

• SSD : SanDisk SDSSDHP-064G-G26 : Includes bracket for installing : £55.94

• HDD : Western Digital Caviar Blue : - : £49.49

• CPU cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo : Comes with thermal paste : £26.50

• DVD drive : Samsung DVD writer (black) : Silent (supposedly) and cheap : £15.60

• Fans : Sharkoon Silent Eagle : Silent, apparently. Cheap for a silent fan : £7.99

According to Amazon they can't ship the OS or SSD to me, so I'll have to find those somewhere else.

Thanks in advance for the great advice you guys will probably give. This will be the first PC I'll put together (I've watched Logan's video on how to assemble a PC and I'll keep that (and the Thermal Paste video) at hand before and during assembly.

Maybe you should think about spending a little for a new monitor, 1080p 23-24 inch monitors are dirt cheap, 1280x1024 res Monitors are something people throw away because nobody wants it.

Other then that id go with a newer haswell cpu

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-20GHz-Graphics-BX80646I54570-Generation-Technology/dp/B00CV3E3WK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377712351&sr=8-1&keywords=4570

and of course another mobo (damn you intel!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Motherboard-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors/dp/B00D5FA94Y/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1377713043&sr=8-14&keywords=1150+motherboard+atx

7870, a little better, you can bitcoin mine with that, comes with 2 free AA titles

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-R7870-DDR5-PCI-E-Graphics/dp/B009OUYFBC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1377713152&sr=8-7&keywords=7870

20 bucks less total, you could spend that upgrading to a 4670 cpu or get some noctua fans.

Hey Crocalu, 

I also live in the Netherlands, a webshop where I like to buy pc parts is www.alternate.nl very good service, 1 day delivery, pretty cheap (not cheapest!). Try there! As for the specs, I agree with going for the 7870. Very good choise. Not so expensive, so you can buy a second one later for massively increased fps!

Thanks for the advice, it's better for my PC ánd cheaper! Thanks alot!

Thanks for the advice! By the way, that site 'alternatre.nl' is more expensive in cases where is actually has the components :S