7 Aero Not Working

If its not working after you've already done a fresh install, its probably is a hint that the OS just isn't going to function quite right on that platform. Because microsoft.

1 Like

Keep in mind that on top of the toggle tweaker you will still need to address the host file issues separate.

This is basic approach but some googling with lead you to some more complete approaches. Even still ? Get a firewall that controls the traffic both ways. Incoming and outgoing in a transparent manner so you can just block access to the internet.

use the 9x style theme , i like it over the basic theme.

Nobody still said this: did you go to personalization settings and enable the transparent theme?

1 Like

Just so the obvious gets covered. You ran the system rating test right? It typically doesnt let you turn Aero on without doing so.

If yes then:

FWIW I found that 7 ran like shit compared to 10 on my own machine but what do I know besides small sample size anecdotal personal experience.

Yes I tried enabling the transparent theme. I did run the test and did the reg hacks still nothing.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/aero-not-working-in-windows-7

I went into my display properties and changed the color from 16bit to 32bit

jeez really? Considering the majority of earth is using windows 7 that seems like a big screw up on their part.

Microsoft wants people to upgrade to 10. It's sad but true. They could have done this a diff way tho.

AMD has tested it on win7 to see if it does work and the answer is kinda
but its

microsoft

that isnt supporting the new chips on the older OSes, not AMD.

same story with anything that is Kaby Lake or newer on the Intel side.

1 Like

Basically M$ isn't doing any bug patching for issues that are particular to Ryzen and anything post Ryzen on the AMD side, and anything Kaby Lake or newer on the Intel side. There will be continued general bug issue fixing but nothing that is specific to those hardware platforms.

1 Like

Did you do OS performance score testing programm?
I cant remember how this is exally called.
IĀ“m not sure if that is needed for Aero to work.

Anyway iĀ“m exally suprised that you have been able to install Windows7,
without much issues.
And yes it seems like that there some manufacturers offer drivers for it.

It's almost as if windows 7 could work on newer hardware........ microsoft....

Well seeing boards that still have ps2 and usb2.0 legacy support.
So i think that it exally should work.
And if it turns out that mobo manufacturers exally do offer windows7 drivers.
Then yeah its basiclly sorta kinda supported.