7 Aero Not Working

I got an 1800x and read that windows 7 was noticeably better than 10. So I installed it last night got everything updated and aero still isn't working. Any ideas on how to fix it? I can't use the basic theme it's just too ugly.

1800X
ASUS B350M-A
Titan XP - driver 378.78

AMD doesent support Windows 7 with Ryzen.You can run it but ur on your own.

And yet there are drivers for it on their site.

AMD validated them across two different OS generations, Windows 7 and 10,” AMD said in a statement in response to a question from PCWorld. “However, only support and drivers for Windows 10 will be provided in AMD Ryzen desktop processor production parts."

Its prob due to the gpu rather than CPU.What version are you running?

I've got a home premium installed atm

Windows 10 LTSB is very close to Windows 7 ,its almost debloated.I suggest you upgrade man.

I have been using 10. But there is something about 10 that doesn't run Ryzen as well as 7 apparently. I just want to try it for a while.

#!/usr/bin/GOALKEEPERthoughts
----------

"When you say well.  Do you mean "well" as in terms of performance?

Apparently the gaming is less of a delta vs intel

Win7 and win10 are the same on gaming on ryzen, there is no reason to use one over the other.

The "scheduler issues" are a bunch of BS.
However, both Win7 and Win10 don't know how to use CCX yet so either way its not that great.
That will be fixed at some point in win10 and will never be in win7 so win10 is the only one you should use for gaming.

That's some guy on a forum. Who may or may not know anything
Inb4 hypocrite comment but still

Here is some real research:

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Processors/AMD-Ryzen-and-Windows-10-Scheduler-No-Silver-Bullet

2 Likes

I'm not saying it's the scheduler. I already read that.

And why is everyone pushing for the spyware 10 anyway?

I just want to know if there are suggestions for why aero isn't working and how to fix it.

You have to hack win7 to even make it work with ryzen... And there is no support for it.
So why you are complaining about wierd issues is beyond me.
That and the fact that yes, a few people may be getting better FPS in win7... Because of a bug that may or may not even exist... That if it does, is going to be fixed on the supported OS which is win10 anyway
This is a brand new product. So bugs are a thing. Big whoop.

What does aero have to do with ryzen. It's a graphical thing.

Mostly because win 7 will become even more broken as time goes by as Microsoft plans on forcing everyone onto ten.

This may help remove some of those unwanted and unneeded features of 10. Use with caution and back up everything first.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_10_toggle_tweaker.html

3 Likes

Then reinstall win7
Or just

don't use a decade old OS

Lol.

If a Platform doesnt support an OS, and you are trying to use it anyway. There will be issues. So why are you ...
Whatever, you do you.

Already did reinstall