64GB or R7870?

Hello, this is tommyleejones0805. I'm planning to build a gaming computer, and this is my rig:

CPU: i5 3470

Mainboard: ASUS P8B75-M LX PLUS STCOM

RAM: Samsung DDR3 1600MHZ 4GB X2

HDD: WD 500GB Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX

VGA: Msi GTX650 Ti Boost 2GB armor

PSW: Corsair VS550

Case: Not decided

I'm not worried about the case, but should I go for a better gpu like Msi Twin Frozr 3 R7870, or a 64GB SSD? I'm on a budget, so I cannot buy both of them. I want to play on High/Ultra presets on modern games, such as BF3 nd Far Cry 3 on 1080p, but I also want fast performance. What should I buy?? Also, feel free to tell me about other stuff that I can change.

Remember: I'm on $800 budget.  

Feel free to tell me parts that can be cheaper/better performance, so I can change them!

SSD's don't help with FPS so I would definetely get the graphics card

Do you think 7200RPM HDD is fast enough? I never tried using a hdd

Yep 7200RPM is what you want SATA 3 or 6 preferably. Only thing the SSD will help on is loading times. So yea go for the GPU. Also if you're getting a 7870 make sure you get an XT one. Its got the same tahiti processor as the 7950 and 7970 just a bit numbed down. As for your CPU if you're going with the i5 why not go ahead and grab the 3570k which you will be able to overclock unless you're not comfortable with that notion. It is only $20 more then the 3470. 

why not go ahead and grab the 3570k which you will be able to overclock unless you're not comfortable with that notion. It is only $20 more then the 3470. 

I agree with the above statement - even if you dont want to overclock, why not get the  non K version, its still avaliable for a few bucks more.

I thought you were talking about 64GB of RAM from the title!

I would get the graphics card and a K series CPU; there is no reason not to overclock - it is kind of wasteful, actually. However, to overclock, you will need a Z77 board. Another option is the AMD 8350 and a 990FX board; generally on par with the 3770k, and usually beating the 3570k in most, if not all, situations. The reason I wouldn't get a 64GB SSD is pretty simple - it is going to hold Windows, and then about 30GB of other stuff. 64GB is tiny, and not worth the money; the smallest SSD I would get is 120/128GB.

+1 i totaly agree with this. if the main thing gaming, i would personaly  go for the AMD 8350, if you cannot  afford the i7 3770K  with a decent  Z77 board.Cause like Brennanriddell, said above, the FX8350 is close to the i7 and beats the i5 in manny games. FX8350 is much cheaper also the mainboards are cheaper, the money you saving you can maybe get a 7870XT or a 7950.  64GB ssd i also agree is waste of money.

i would buy the GPU and then  wait to have enough money for the SSD with atleast 120 GB i would reccomend 250 GB 

Personaly I would prefer to buy the GPU first before an SSD

I actually have the same hard drive you have. It is an amazing hard drive, and you should keep it. It boots Garry's Mod in about a few seconds. 7200RPM SATA 6 all the way, baby.