$600 Video Editing/Gaming PC Build

I am going to be building a video editing/gaming pc in two weeks, and I am curious as to what parts I should go with. A copy of windows 8.1 is included in the price, but I have all the other peripherals. I also require a nvidia graphics card in the pc. The PC is going to be used for mostly video editing with light gaming. I would still like the ability to play modern games on decent settings at 1080p, but I think the CPU ranks higher than the gpu in this situation. I would prefer to buy everything from one website to help simplify the ordering process and to have everything come at the same time rather than having certain parts take longer than others to arrive. I made up this build on Newegg, and I wanted your guys's opinions:

Deepcool Tesseract Case
Segate 1tb HDD
MSI 750ti (the black single fan one) GPU
Corsair CX 500 PSU
Windows 8.1 OEM OS
Deepcool Ice Blade 200M CPU Cooler
AMD FX-6300 CPU
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 Mobo
G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x4gb DDR3 1600 RAM

This totals up to $598.94 with the bundle discount (RAM, CPU, and Mobo were a bundle). Can someone do better than this? I doubt this will happen, but I am interested in trying a Mini-ITX build. I doubt this can be done easily in the same price range, though. Also, while were on the topic of looks, I am a sucker for white computer cases/parts, hence why I went with the white Deepcool case.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

For $600 It would be tough to do better then that setup.

Where are you getting Win8.1 and how much is it? You can get 7 for $45 on SoftwarePlaza.

And my advice is to wait and save your money till you can get a GPU worth the plastic it's printed on (750ti can handle 1080p only at low settings and FPS will probably still suck and it'll be crap for production) as well as a 250GB SSD. Having your OS and editing software on a SSD is a night and day difference.

The bundle should help with price. FX 6300 is a solid CPU for gaming and production without breaking the bank, it OCs super well.

Your build isn't bad. But this will be much better. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/83d9dC

An Intel CPU will do really well with games that are single threaded, and it has enough cores to handle the rendering/encoding that video editing will throw at it. It is a mini-itx build, and I had originally planned on going to AM3+ with an FX-8350, but as it turns out, mini-itx doesn't exist for AM3+, yay. So LGA1150 it is. I will warn you, while I haven't personally built inside of the SG13Q, you can look up Linus's build inside of one (just Google up "Linus Shoebox"), it is quite are to build inside of the case and requires a lot of planning ahead.

This build is a much more sane build, but slightly more expensive: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zrPXzy

I forgot to mention, the $600 budget is before rebates, so I won't be able to do either of those. I made a post over on Tom's Hardware and from what I have received in response, I should swap out the 750ti for a r9 280x. I think I have a workaround for the reason as to why I needed nvidia in the first place, so should I look at the AMD card or stick with nvidia?

If I remember correctly, AMD has better OpenCL support? So if you are using things like Premiere Pro, render times, or at least preliminary render times, will be faster. I think the encoding is still the same old CPU bound madness.

Shame on the strict 600USD limit... if you can save just a little longer, you'd have a much better rig.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pD9rQ7

This is what I'd recommend, run linux for some time, then downgrade to windows later if you want. Change things around if you'd feel like it.