60% mechanical keyboard

Yah Poker is one of those boards i can't say no to ;-) much to the annoyance of my wife..
She is afraid i'l drown in all the keyboards i want / like..

Very coincidently (not really as a keyboard addict ) yesterday i was looking at that drop on Massdrop. But the problem is i would have to pay 21% tax +11% custom fees to ship to Netherlands.. That always sucks..

i am amazed how Vortex was able to add an Aluminium case for basically the same price as the Poker2 that came with a plastic bottom case..

if you don't mis the arrow keys you'l have one of the best keyboards out there..
( in my humble opinion)

which switch color did you go for ?

Brown - middel ground ?
clears - typist tactile bump lover ?
reds - gamer linear smoothness ?

Personally i love the clears ..
But the switch i would really really like doesn't exist unless you make it or some company orders 750.000 switches that would be somewhere around 8620 TKL keyboards hahahaha..
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Ergo_Clear

have they changed the second layer arrow keys location ?
And how do you acces them ?
i mean have they improved acces to them by (for example) using your left hand to access the function row and your right hand to use the arrow keys ??

Enjoy ..

I got it grey with red switches. I like to tipe extremely fast and I wanted to try the mushy feeling of the reds. I still didn't get it I'll let you know how the second and the third layer works. Yes they included a third layer.

You can press fn + space and it locks the arrow keys. Once you get used to it it is actuality much better then traditional.

Thx for your reply on the arrow keys by the way..
Every time i see the poker3 on massdrop i get the urge to question my dependance on the arrow keys..
By the way your explanation about the arrow lock function is the only one out there !!
No youtube review no website i could see talking about this..
Strange..
Also looking at the pdf i wanted to ask you about the last section
That also seems to be a cool option??
Did you try this ..?? Perhaps it feels more like a normal arrow cluster?
- 2. R_Alt + Spacebar = R_Shift, FN, PN and R_Ctrl as arrow keys.
Here is the pdf by the way
http://www.vortexgear.tw/db/upload/webdata4/vortex_201591551875732.pdf

Also what happens to the CapsLock when you set dipswitch 3 on.. i know it becomes the FN key but does the original fn key become the caps-lock ??

Thx take care..

If you want to try Alps (better than Cherry IMO) then go for the KBP V60 MTS. You get a choice of clicky, linear, or dampened tactile Matias switches. Matias switches are high quality clones of the original Alps Electric switches from the 80's and 90's.

On my KBParadise i use Fn + arrowkeys. I could lock a arrow but it caused problems before. One thing to look into is this.

Am I the only one who still prefers full keyboards?

I'm glad to see that there is m so much interest for this topic. Anyway I'm going to write a short review for the ones interested in buying the pok3r. First of all, the price on massdrop was some crazy s@!$t around 150$ including the shipping to Italy. Do I think it is overpriced? Yes Jesus, it definitely is. Do I regret buying it? No. And if you wonder about what I answered my girlfriend when she asked how much it was, well, I lied. For people that don't understand the real value of a product such as this it's just a not reasonable price. Anyway. After 3 weeks from the end of the drop I received it. I had been reading all kind of reviews in the previous days and I read that some aluminum case were warped on arrival. Fortunately it was not my case. The keyboard comes in a quite plain box with little to no padding protecting it. I have to admit it, you don't know how small a 60% keyboard will until you don't see it. It is SMALL. The product feels incredibly sturdy and solid, once on the desk it doesn't slide, thanks to 4 anti-sliding rubber feet. The feeling of the red switches felt immediately awesome, since it is my first mechanical keyboard though, it was a little of a blind pick. I like the fast linear typing experience, and gaming on it it's just awesome, plus it encourages me to be more precise when I type. It works. For what regards the programmability, I'm not a huge expert, but the 4 layers system works like a charm.
If you have any other question feel free to ask. Overall it is an outstanding product and i sincerely recommend it

I just have a ridiculously small desk, plus I like to carry my keyboard with me. Laptop's key's throw just irritates me

I prefer full keyboards, but for taking to lan parties 60%s are great.