5600G pci-e 4x and 8x not working

Does anyone have same cpu ? maybe test some pci-e devices x4 and x8 if they have same problem ?

Some don’t some do, my bazooka b450 did (gotta love those MSI names)

Have you tried changing the PCI-e gen settings?

yes. did not change anything, all kinds of settings related to pci-e ive tried but no effort when i put 200ge in then i dont need to configure anything out of the box everything works. gigabyte support is also useless they dont know nothing about pc-s

5700G doesn’t support PCIE 4.0 and has fewer lanes available. That may be the root of those problems. Or you’re using ECC which is also not supported with the 5600G.

Some board vendors also state on their website how the slot layout changes if you plug an APU in. On my board, some slots are just disabled. Not the boards fault, but the limited lanes on APUs make this a necessity if you want to support both types of CPUs.

so the situation is

1. on this motherboard with old procesor its working.
  2. on this motherboard with the new procesor, the pci-e slot is working with gpu
  3. the nic is some kind of combination card with 10gb nic on it and two ssd’s that is using 12 lanes

looks like a bios setting. In the bios,look at the chipset options. Mayebe start enabling / disableing stuf. like the amd IOMMU it might be confuzed. or the Amd Apu sata m2 setting. Maybe the setting of primary video adapter, or igpu setting

And what about windows. Make a life iso usb stick with a linux distro and check if the devices show up in linux

5600g can see my x4 and x8 devices whats going on ? ive tried all bioses already and replaced cpu. everithing works fine on 5600x and 200ge. 16x gpu works tho

What is your motherboard? It could be that the slot you have your GPU in is an x8 slot, but physically it is an x16 slot.

@wertigon no its an itx mobo. B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI and gpu i tried is 1080ti.

Ok, in that case you should with the 5600G have:

• 16x PCIe 3.0 to the slot from CPU
  • 4x PCIe 3.0 to the m.2 slot from CPU
  • 2x PCIe 3.0 to SATA ports 3 and 4 from the CPU (stolen from m.2 if populated)

Make sure you check BIOS so it isn’t accidentally set to bifurcation mode or something silly like that.

I run a 3400G on the same board with Linux, unfortunately I cannot test the PCIe port due to lack of GPU right now (I pulled the trigger 2019, and stupidly enough thought I would buy a GPU “next year” once Ampere and RDNA2 would push prices down… :laughing:)

@wertigon bios has no option to set bifurication but i tried it on x570 mobo and made no diffrence.

i tried pci-e versions on bios made no diffrence. when i swap back to 200ge everithing works fine i dont need to change bios settings or anything.

16x gpu works but 8x and 4x devices does not. i never had such problem with intel b450 is my first amd platform

Oh, wait, I misunderstood your problem I think…

So what you are saying is that an x16 device works just fine, but an x8 or x4 does not? My understanding was that you only got x8 from a x16 device, my apologies.

That is strange, indeed. If my understanding of PCIe is correct then it should just work out of the box, the motherboard should just go “Ok, you want 4 lanes? Yeah, I got that, here ya go!” - or, in the case of x16 lanes in x8 slot, it should go “Sorry, only got 8 lanes for ya mate - but feel free to use 'em!”

Are you connecting directly to the slot or are you trying to use one of those fancy bifurb x8/x8 cables? Would you mind sharing what devices you are trying to get running, and how they are connected?

@wertigon i run unraid server on amd platform.

since i dont have much option on itx board i need nvme cache for server and 10g connectivity and synology E10M20-T1 it has 1 nic and 2 nvme on 1 card and connects by 8x pci-e 3.0

synology card operates by pci-e switch it switches between nic and nvme no special sauce needed pc sees as seperate devices are connected.

i connect card to 16x pci-e slot with 200ge it works plug n play when i put 5600g in then i dont see any pci-e device but gpu witch is x16 also it does not recognise 4x slot 10g nic.

@Exard3k i have regural ram i have 2 slots only. my card is pci-e 3.0 x8

@Mongoosh

1. also 5600x works fine but it has no gpu
 3. card is pci-e 3.0 x8 and it has pci-e switch on card that switches between 
   2x nvme and nic

iommu setting by default is disabled it tried to enable and no change. also i did add gpu memory and set display form pci-e to igpu no change there.
motherboard does not detect pci-e x4 nic either

i run that platform on unraid so its linux basicly.

Does that particular board disable slots for APUs? Check with vendor. Especially if everything is working with a 5600x

@Exard3k manual does not say anything about that particlular cpu or any apu support told me to reset cmos. i mean when i upgrade bios it already resets everything and after bios upgrade i did also reset bios to make sure.

I’m not talking about CMOS settings. Most boards don’t have the same slot layout for APUs. My board has a x16 and a x8 slot. If I plug in an APU, I only have the x16 because the x8 is disabled for APUs. It just doesn’t exist anymore for my board despite physically visible and touchable.

@Exard3k where can i check it out ? 200ge is also apu and everrything works fine.

Don’t know what the hell a 200ge is…but board vendor should have infos on that. My certainly does (AsRock)

@Exard3k offical website does not tell anything but

from guru 3d:

• 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot (PCI_E1)
    • Supports x16 speed with AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation processors
    • Supports x8 speed with AMD Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors

just hooked up old 7900gtx and it works so x16 works but not x8 and x4
[10de:0290] 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G71 [GeForce 7900 GTX] (rev a1)

So, summarizing the situation:

Would it be possible to run Linux on a USB key and post the output of the following two commands, on both CPUs? Also, make sure no pins are bent on the 5600G or something stupid like that.

lspci -vt
lspci -vv

I am also pretty sure the Synology card (I really like that btw, that’s forward thinking for sure :slight_smile: ) needs bifurcation in some form to work properly. Before you do anything else though, reinstall Windows, it is possible the 200GE and 5600G are different enough you just need to reset the hardware configuration.